Anyone mount bikes up top of the camper

Looking to get some ideas with bike mounts, should I do hitch or up top.
Just looking for inspiration

I have mounted a bike on top of my camper. Works well. I have the yakima bars and mounts. I also have a hitch mount.

Peace.

Don’t put them up there if you are forgetful and/or go through a lot of drive throughs.

I have a Kuat that will carry 4 bikes. But I need to carry up to 6 bikes at times. So my plan is to mount two trays on the roof of the camper. I just haven’t had time to test fit my Kuat trays on the beef racks. There isn’t much clearance between the roof of the camper and the bottom of the beef racks. This will be the limiting factor. If my Kuat trays won’t fit, then I’m looking at the new Yakima and Thule offerings which are lower profile clamps which should fit in the space between the roof of the camper and the beef racks. Or a vertical hitch rack to hold all six bikes.

Do you have links to the new Yakima and Thule offerings which are lower profile clamps you mentioned? The beef bars are really tight to the roof, which I like, but the typical mounts are useless and GFC does not offer the round bar mounts. Thx

Here is the Yakima tray with the band clamp which is very low profile…

And here is the Thule tray…

https://www.thule.com/en-us/bike-rack/roof-bike-racks/thule-topride-_-568005

Thanks for the information.

If you’re going for a fork mount I really like the Kuat Dirtbag Dirtbag - Küat Racks | Accessories for mounting bikes to the roof using the beef bars. I then just use a Voile Ski strap for the rear wheel. I have a 1up for my hitch that can carry two bikes and use the Dirtbag mounts when I need more for room for shuttling or for our mountain tandem.