Anyone notice green tent rod protruding on v2?

Had our first day of sun in awhile today so went out to check on the camper. I noticed these green rods are starting to poke out. Anyone seen this before? I tried wedging them back in but they are being a little stubborn.

Was told these are the cords that hold the fabric in the rails. Mine are sticking out as well. Support said to use a screwdriver to push back in. No luck. Just hoping they don’t keep pushing out.

I’ve seen the same thing on my V2 also.

Cutting might not be a good idea as it may have shifted out its seat on the other end and may need to be repositioned. Try doing it with the clamshell partially closed to release the tension.

Mine is protruding on the same side where I can’t get the tent lock pin to release. Wonder if there’s a correlation.

Back right side for me is the same, wasn’t like that until maybe the 20th time I opened/closed.

1 Like

Nothing to worry about, just use a small allen key to poke them back into place with the tent closed… you won’t have much luck with it open!

As scoutdog mentioned above, you can push it back in, just make sure there isn’t tension in the fabric. If it looks like the OP’s with the cord cut into a point, cut it square and use an 1/8" allen key to push it back through.

Thanks for all the comments. I was able to get one rod back in easily. The other one ended up poking out nearly an inch and wouldn’t budge.

Fast forward a couple days of driving around town and I noticed the rod had slid itself nearly back into place. I was then able to push it back in with the allen key.

May try cover or plug the hole to prevent it from happening again…

1 Like