Banned from GFC threads on TW

Hah, I just got banned from all GFC threads on Tacoma World for suggesting that a post should be also be posted on this forum for better info and a GFC response.
IMO GFC should close their threads on TW because they’ve been taken over by the NorCal Drifter fanboys and trolls.

Did you post something that I didn’t see that’s over the line? What mod did the ban?

And your quality of life immediately improved…you feel it?

5 Likes

I don’t think that I said anything outrageous, certainly not anything beyond what was said by the other posters. Actually the “moderator” said in a PM that I was banned because I suggested that a post also be published on this company’s forum. I received no warning. I plead ignorance. I didn’t know that this was against the rules. The person who banned me did so anonymously so I can even PM him to plead my case. Perhaps there are other motives.
You are no longer able to reply to the thread Hondo Garage’s New Thing. Reason: CoC: Constantly trying to crowdsource members to different social media platforms.
He also banned me from the GFC mods thread.
I did suggest several times that some of the posts would be more likely responded to on the GFC forum.

1 Like

Dam for real that sux kinda feel like my question lead to all that if it helps I did asked my question to the gfc support ppl i didn’t feel it necessary to post a bunch of negative questions on there fourm i have a simple question just need a straight answer. Just waiting for the responses

To be fair, does that really surprise you? TW seems to be run like a dictatorship with privileged individuals escaping rules. Ever since everyone came to GFC forum their loss in ad revenue must have plummeted LOL. Here’s to hoping, since GFC actually sells something tangible, that this site remains unbiased and ad free. Thanks for the reminder to delete my account (don’t even own a toyota).

1 Like

What a joke. There’s nothing in the CoC that says anything about trying to get people to go to another website.

I have now have been banned from the entire site despite not making any more posts on any thread. I can’t even surf the site. Wow, what a bunch of insecure mods/owners with authoritarian tendencies. Oh well, I didn’t like the culture there anyway. If I actually want to discuss overlanding, camping, and gear, etc. Expedition Portal is a much better place with more mature moderators. If I want to surf TW for info I can always go to the library.
ed. OTOH I can use Goggle incognito and surf all I want.
I repeat, GFC should delete their TW accounts and move over to EP.

2 Likes

If you frequent TW much you should realize that all PM’s are subject to surveillance. If you say anything negative about TW, remember Big Brother is watching. I also think they play favorites when it comes to vendors. It definitely isn’t a good place for GFC because they’re being subjected to an onslaught of negative marketing by their competitors. Not just appropriate criticism but a flood of negativity.

1 Like

I mean, there’s 267 users here versus 311k on TW, this forum hasn’t affected it all. For people like you guys that drive F-150s there’s no draw besides those two threads, I will continue to spend most of my time on a forum that isn’t subject to the marketing department of the product it’s about.

1 Like

Regardless of what you own (don’t have an F150 either lol), the main threads I browsed always got plugged up with competitor bros trash talking about how theirs is so much better etc etc; and yes I browsed other threads than GFC because my truck is basically the exact same dimensions and there’s some great threads there. Then mr jberry (who has a massive conflict of interest) would come in a make sure anyone defending GFC was sidelined and anyone talking big about vagabond was allowed to say whatever they want. Clearly the market is speaking to which one people want more. Either way, call it what you want, but TW is way more politically driven than this site has been since launch.

3 Likes

Yup, hard to argue with the amount of people on TW and the pooled wisdom. But that same volume of people sometimes makes it hard to filter out the useful information and definitely clouds conflicts of interest. I am not a member, but do keep an eye on the GFC thread and search there if I need an answer to something. What I find interesting is the vitriol that often spews. I mean, I really really hate cherry Coke, but I don’t spend time on a cherry Coke forum incessantly writing about how much I hate it and how it rots your teeth, makes you fat, etc.

In terms of banning rajacat…several folks have cross-posted at both sites, including Borrego with pictures of GFC catastrophe(S). Why isn’t he/she banned? I’m dubious by nature, but that apparent double standard brings out my frank paranoia.

Honestly fuck jberry. He’s caused so much unnecessary biased drama on TW it’s not worth it to go there anymore. Same with the other vagabond fan girls.

6 Likes

Hard to argue. It’s basically Animal Farm over there.

2 Likes

Damn. You got the boot? :joy:
Now who are they going to argue with?
That’s pretty lame.

1 Like

Just found this thread.

I have not been banned because I never pushed people to this site. I do post on both sites. TW does not want people to go elsewhere. Technically this qualifies as a “different social media platorm” and @rajacat was telling people to post here.

In reality we all know it is a ridiculous decision. When you have an issue with a product, go to the official channel of communication for the vendor. For gfc, it is here. Pushing people here was not taking away massive clicks and ad revenue from tw.

The real reason for the banning was probably getting under the skin of the rival companies fans who include a moderator. The rival product may be better or worse than gfc, but the unprofessional way the people conduct themselves does not reflect well. They can point out competitive advantages for a favored product in a better manner.

I expect moderators to be more impartial or have a higher standard than the average poster. On tw they are just as much part of the problem in some instances. I only joined the stupid forum for gfc info.

2 Likes

I was temporally banned from TW for posting my reservation spot for sale. At the time, I swear I had seen other people around do the same thing. Checked the rules and #16 for buy/sell section does list the action of selling a reservation or spot in line as not ok. Being the last rule in the list, I was skeptical that it existed before I was banned but no way to prove. What got me was the immediate ban without any communication. Sure maybe they don’t have the time or care enough to be send a message, but this really turned me off to the site.

1 Like

I think the other issue and main reason GFC made their own forum is that people with other platforms (like myself) were forced to endure TW site when I can care less about Tacoma specific issues. There are people with all types of vehicles with a GFC ranging from Jeep to Chevy to Ford even though the majority may be a Tacoma. I’ve yet to see a vagabond on anything but a Tacoma and honestly stopped following anything they posted on social media after seeing the way their advocates act. After this site was created (whatever your view about it) it was an easy choice to delete my account. But now that we actually get reliable responses from GFC crew here it’s asinine to refer them to a TW thread that doesn’t give any information and even if you PM them about it they’ll ban you? Sounds a bit dictator-ish, but whatever that’s why free market is king; wasn’t my style and most information regarding Tacoma’s is useless to me so I’m in favor of this site by a large margin.

3 Likes

Just to confirm what others are saying. They’re a bunch of dou@*bags over there. One moderator (Jberry) must have stock in Vagabond or something. I also followed the Vagabond thread for some time because some guys had damn cool ideas - but it got old fast. And now there’s some other D-bag on the GFC thread with something like 10,000 posts who has to comment on everything. It’s a total waste of time.

3 Likes

Jason is in a key position on TW. Unfortunately, he chose to embrace the dark side, and any good he does is overshadowed by the rest of his behaviour. Too bad, but that was his decision.

1 Like