Dinosaur National Monument - Utah and Colorado

DNM is a huge park on the border of the 2 states. The dinosaur fossils are the smallest portion of the monument. I was there earlier this month for about a week, camping my GFC v2 that was installed at the end of April. I installed a 16 gallon water tank in the back of my truck to allow me to just camp out anywhere; for the DNM, you actually can only camp in a campgrounds. So for dispersed camping, you camp just outside of the Monument, and then drive in for hikes and sightseeing. The Monument has thousands of indigenous petroglyphs as well as a billion years of geologic history and fossils. And gorgeous canyons and rivers.

5 Likes

Awesome! Have driven by it, but regrettably did not have time to visit.

Would love to see more pictures!

[quote=“FTR86, post:1, topic:14320, full:true”]
Here are pictures from Echo Park Campground in DNM early summer '22. Amazing place, but check road conditions before “dropping in”,

John

5 Likes

Nice, thats been in my list!

“Here are pictures from Echo Park Campground in DNM early summer '22. Amazing place, but check road conditions before “dropping in””

Great pics! And definitely have to be careful of rainy conditions, or that red-brown dirt turns to deep mud quick! That road to Echo Canyon and park is a fun road for GoFast and other truck campers, due to the hair-pin curves. But trailers - out of luck I think.

@FTR86 Challenge accepted :upside_down_face:

3 Likes