Flight Deck Prototype

@GFC or @GFC_Mike We need some news on this flight deck. Just saw the post on instagram and this product is bada$$. I am not sure if my link is good but I am trying to put a instagram link in here.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B4h_H2mgR1q/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Timeline?
Projected cost?

Maybe I can embed the video…

3 Likes

This is the first prototype of the bed storage system, and there will certainly be an announcement when its released! The first one that comes out will be specific to the Tacoma.

-Mike

4 Likes

how much does it weigh

1 Like

Timeline for Colorado?

3 Likes

This thing looks sweet. Looks like like maybe 5 beef rack bars were used in the construction of this new product so cost is probably north of $800 at least.

1 Like

Those tie-down jobbers are nifty. I could see using those all over the GFC.

2 Likes

Hey Jared, no estimate yet on a Colorado Flight Deck, but we’ll send you an email with more information on the system once it’s released!

2 Likes

Not sure of the exact weight of the system but it’s made out of aluminum so it’s lightweight. The one shown on Instagram is just a prototype, so once it’s released there will be much more information on it!

1 Like

Looks very cool. Interested in cost and weight when it is ready. The tie downs look really nice.

The only problem I have with most bed platforms is the fridge or cooler does not have a cutout. Therefore it sits on top of the platform and there is often not enough headspace to open the lid fully. This happens with normal camper shells too.

1 Like

I was considering building that myself. Curious if 80/20 was strong enough in the center point. Ill have to buy a piece and try it. Current plan is to stick with my diy wooden platform. Just bought some L track to make better tie down points.

1 Like

You can actually take out a bar and 2 of the slats if necessary to have a cutout for the fridge or other large items.

1 Like

I imagine goose gear draws would fit under the deck with no issues? Height adjustment would be a very cool feature but may take away from strength and cost.

We will be coming out with our own removable drawer system for under the deck which will be lighter and stronger (and removable)

2 Likes

Now your talking my language Mike! Need to keep a truck a truck!

1 Like

100% our line of thinking.

4 Likes

Anything coming out on this thing soon?

1 Like

@GFC_Mike @Mike_GFCUSA Any updates on timing for the Tacoma system?

1 Like

We are going through the final processes for the product. Releasing a new item requires a lot more than most people think and unfortunately we are not quite at the point where we have someone who only does new product work. But it is going to be released here very soon…

2 Likes

Having seem the prototype at SEMA i like the idea. It seems very simple yet effective. I would suggest people design or procure storage boxes that fit underneath the system. Definitely lighter than a decked system and way more versatile in my opinion.

1 Like

That was the drawback of the decked system for me… Too Heavy. One of the most convienent things I have had on the truck, but 210 pounds with a 2000 pound max capacity on top is just silly for a tacoma.

The other issue I see with a decked or a full drawer system is the clearance between the top of the frame and the top of the drawer system. I already have to downward dog when I climb into the truck. (Dip down to clear the bar and then push up a cushon)

1 Like