MotoTruck Buildout (3 Drawer Slide, 2,500 WH Battery System, 12V Fridge and much more)

@vkong526 Thank you! Its been a work in progress and I am on the home stretch! :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

I mounted up a $39.00 ā€œBike Carrier Fork Mountā€ on top of one of the beef racks to transport my road bike. It came with different diameter axle inserts for thru axle bicycles and appears to be very secure. The rear tire rests perfectly on top of the rear beef rack and the rear tire will be held in place by a soft strap. For those of you who ride bicycles and have two beef racks mounted up, this setup worked perfectly.

3 Likes

Great build, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@Trey_Warren Thank you!

Iā€™ve been following your build since the beginning, but just now noticed that sticker above your rear window. Shocked I havenā€™t seen you around town!

2 Likes

@sethbakescake Yeah I am good friends with Sam and Kerry at Action Sportsā€¦ You have a GFC? I have recently seen a couple around townā€¦

1 Like

Not yet, aiming for the beginning of the new year. Iā€™ve only seen one around town so far, but Iā€™m sure thatā€™ll change soon!

2 Likes

The Fam and I camped out in Big Sur for 5 days during Thanksgiving break. I was able to load up:

(2) Onewheels,
(2) Stacyc Kids E-Motorcycles,
(1) Running Stroller,
(5) Folding Chairs,
(1) Electric Scooter,
(2) Duffel Bags,

on the roof of the GFC! The GFC handled it like a breeze too!

11 Likes

I needed a heavy duty strut system for the extra load on the roofā€¦ Instead of swapping the OEM V2 100lb struts for 150lb ones, I ended up buying a pair of 50lb struts and mounted them up on the extrusion where they would traditionally go if I had a V1. So, now I have a total of 150lbs of struts on both sides of the tent.

I am happy with how it turned out, and I do not have to worry about the V2 strut mount bolts sheering off if I went with 150lb struts in place of the 100lb ones.

With the 2 solar panels, cargo basket and 3 beef racks, this combo is great!

2 Likes

Dudeā€¦ Iā€™m kinda speechless right now. While Iā€™m more of a minimalist with mine and keep things really light weight, Iā€™m beyond impressed and might have to change my ways, haha. Iā€™ve been drooling over this with some of the other folks in-house, so hats off to you taking this to the next level and then some.

That kitchen setup is one of the best DIYs weā€™ve seen in a good minute, and the extra struts for the wedge are such a smart idea for carrying what you do. Stoked to see this out in the wild sometime!

4 Likes

@Thayne Thank you for the kudos Sir! My family and I have over 20 nights in it so far and love it.

1 Like

Wanted to give you all an update on using V1 strut mount locations in addition to the OEM V2 locations. It has performed flawless and itā€™s nice being able to keep to bicycles mounted on the roof when I come into camp at night and donā€™t want to hassle with bringing them down.

3 Likes

Hey man!! Iā€™ve gotta say that Iā€™ve been using what youā€™ve shared on this feed as the pinnacle of primmer build outs! Iā€™ve done a LOTTTT of daydreaming constantly looking back on these posts.

One thing I am wondering about is the material you used for your cabinet sidings?? Seems like such a great alternative to heavy ply for sidings.

1 Like

Thank you! I am currently working on the counter top above the fridge, and installation of my diesel heaterā€¦ I will post up some pics soon. :raised_hands:t3:

For the cabinetry (sides), I used ā€œACMā€ Aluminum Composite Material that is 1/8" in thickness. Its lightweight, easy to cut (with a razor blade), and a breeze to primer and paint since the surface is so smooth. ACM is surprisingly strong too.

Thatā€™s awesome! Canā€™t wait to see the new additional mss! Youā€™ll be pleased with the heater. Was an absolutely game changer for me last winter. Thanks for the follow up man!!

1 Like

Came across this post and I gotta say this is truly an impressive build. Like most, Iā€™m thinking of doing a similar drawer system like your kitchen setup. Fairly sure I will not go as full-on as you have for everything in the truck but youā€™ve given me plenty to think about.

Where did you find the best place to pick up the 80/20?

1 Like

Thank you for the kudos, much appreciated! Canā€™t wait to see what you come up with, so make sure you post some pictures! I went with tnutz.com for the aluminum extrusion, l-brackets nuts, bolts etc.

1 Like

Like TMPerry said, also just stumbled upon this and absolutely amazing build out. WELL DONE! :clap:t3::clap:t3: The buildout seems to suite your familyā€™s needs very well and looks great!

Was hoping you had some sort of ingenious way to fit the bike in the bed too but I was being unrealistically optimistic haha. Canā€™t go wrong with a 300 on some nice flowy single track, bike looks good :call_me_hand:t3:

Thanks for the write up!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Buhlockaye! :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

link??? thing looks like it fits pretty nicely ( the tailgate awning)

1 Like