GFC Baja Surf Trip?

Anyone want to get a Baja surf trip together for the first or second week in August? I like meeting new folks. I’m flexible; I just want to surf, eat mexican food, and chill. I can go alone, but I hate the idea of traveling with just one vehicle. I’m thinking a Mexicali crossing heading to central Baja to catch some south swell.
Reply if you’re interested.

Peace.

5 Likes

Was just down there but would love to join another time!

I’m interested. I may or may not surf. But I’ll be in the water one way or another,

John

1 Like

Hi John. Where are you located? I’m planning for a chill trip to a new place in baja. I’ve not been to bahía asunción.

Peace.

1 Like

You can add me as a maybe right now as it will depend on my work schedule. But I’m open to exploring Baja more. I’m not a surfer but I love my GFC!

1 Like

Great! :call_me_hand: Let me know. Where are you located?

Peace.

I am interested depending on the dates. I surf.

1 Like

Ok. Cool. Duely noted.

Peace.

Near Pasadena, SGV area

Here’s more info on the spot in baja… Like I said, I’m flexible. The group of us can venture out towards other secluded beaches or places or stay put right in asunción.

I’m posting this for info and trip planning. I know that travel requires planning ahead.

Bahia Asuncion – an undiscovered paradise in Baja California Sur
https://bahiaasuncion.com/

Peace.

1 Like

Great zone. Gets south swell and hurricanes don’t hit there. Pretty easy to drive up and down the coast. Super nice people.

2 Likes

Im down! you could put me down as a maybe. ill surf aswell!

1 Like

Got it. Where are you located?

im on the westside of LA.

Me and my wife are down! We are in western Colorado outside grand junction.

1 Like

New to the crowd first post in the forum…
I’m 100% down for this. Works great for my schedule. I have a month off in August but highly prefer the first or second week, my install date for my GFC is July 22 and I literally just got the Baja atlas and surf guide book last week prior to seeing this post. Was considering a Baja surf trip this August by myself but was a little nervous going alone. This will be my first time to BC. I just bought my truck and my gfc gets installed the last week of July so I’ll be with a stock Tacoma and a pretty basic camper setup with essentials but would love to tag along

Oh and I surf. More experienced surfing than overlanding. Currently in Montana grew up surfing the outer banks in NC

Cheers!

3 Likes

I’m watching this topic sporadically. I’m in Montana working on my cabin. Spotty coverage.

Peace.

1 Like

Just finished up a weekend in Baja. Hit up Cuatro casas for one night. Very cool spot and was empty Saturday night minus a tent and a van lifer.

I live in downtown San Diego. Sorry for the slow response, currently on a 6 week road trip without much cell service.

I was in San Felipe in Feb. I’d like to explore further south on the Sea of Cortez side; no surf, but looks very cool

2 Likes

I’m sooooo down!
I live in Los Angeles and would love to caravan down below the border with a GFC crew!

I don’t surf anymore, but am down for the exploring and camping.
I do spearfish, and would bring my gear to shore dive

How is it going down there with a new rig and $$$ all over it with GFC camper and the fixings?

1 Like