GFC Ladies and Gents who are not in the West -Where are you?

Hi all,

I thought that a thread relating to GFC owners adjacent to, or, no where near the big western states might be cool. Since we’re outsiders, banding together makes us insiders, right?

You Westerner’s are also welcome :metal:

I’ll start - I’m in Oklahoma City, and other than myself, I’ve seen an RTT on a big white Suburban once in OKC, and I’m not aware of any others in OK. I did see one heading NB on I-44 on the way to meeting @Mike_GFCUSA to square away my hinges in L-Town. Much appreciated Mike. Hope the whiskey made it back haha.

So, I picked up my GFC on a grand trip to MT last July, actually even missed my wedding anniversary which my wife reminded me of mid trip lol. - I usually head out to the Ouachita National Forest, or some of the WMA’s around because it’s as close as I can get to being home in ID and using BLM or NF areas to get away from people. I also lived in UT and AZ up until my early 20’s when the good ol’ Army sent me to Fort Sill, where I met an Oklahoma girl and stayed. They grow 'em good here as I like to say.

Who’s next? Cricket’s will make me feel bad (guilting intended).

-Blue

4 Likes

I’m in New Hampshire, born and raised. I’ve been all over and still call it home. I’ve only ever seen one other GFC, in southern NH. I use my camper mostly as a base camp for backcountry skiing, hiking, and as an extra bed when visiting family or at the cabin. Once things settle down, we’ve got some road trips planned. I grew up road tripping and it’s something my partner has never done but thinks she’ll like. We’ve got six weeks in the books for this summer, hopefully it doesn’t fall through.
:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Sounds like a lot of fun out there man. Hope your trip goes through this summer! I’ve always wanted to visit the NE myself. One day maybe… - I’ll hit you up for some recommendations!

1 Like

Absolutely! Hit me up if you’re in the area. I’d recommend late September or early October. Fall up here is gorgeous.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I’m in central NY state, and have a build scheduled for July. Trying to decide on a road trip to MT or delivery of unit to the east coast. Anyone else out there (East) thinking about delivery ?

2 Likes

DFW, TX here–never seen any form of GFC in the wild yet. My Platform RTT V2 is in the batch shipping out right now and will be my first time ever seeing a GFC product in person

2 Likes

I’m in Southeast WV. I think my camper was the first WV camper delivered. @sbatbte I went with the white glove delivery and highly recommend it. Big Mike did the install back in those days and it was flawless. He also just rolled through a couple days ago to do my hinge upgrade and I must say, this new hinge is incredibly burly and very well engineered.

Cheers.

2 Likes

How’s it going… I’m in Maryland and I took delivery of my GFC in late November Way of the white glove. I definitely would recommend it to anybody if you don’t have the time to make the drive out. Chuck

1 Like

V1 XL South of Amarillo, TX. Picked it up in from GFC Jan. 2020 and it’s been to Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington so far.

2 Likes

I’m in NYC. Got my v1 in august 2019. Drove to MT to pick it up and made it an awesome road trip. Just had twins last year so haven’t been using the camper as much as we want. Excited to get back out there eventually tho.

3 Likes

If I grew up in Maine but live out west now can I join the club? :grinning:

2 Likes

$1500+ for the delivery, or great trip/experience camping on the ground all the way there and in the GFC on the way back. Especially if you take a different route back. I guess it really depends on your liquidity and time. I personally opted for the adventure. Best of luck though, it’ll be great once you have it either way!

1 Like

@jedgar totally counts. haha

Besides, All are welcome, Westerner’s far outweigh the rest of us, at least by my guess. I have no numbers to support my theory lol

1 Like

Nice to meet all of you as well!

-Blue

1 Like

Knoxville TN here…getting my camper the end of May!

2 Likes

Hey everyone,
I’m in Vernon British Columbia Canada! I ordered my Superlite in February and I’m trying to wait patiently as my date is mid August. But fingers crossed that it comes a little earlier so we can get more of the summer in it.

2 Likes

Northern Virginia here! Hopefully picking up my V2 at the beginning of July

4 Likes

Indiana here. Never saw one in person till I picked it up last June.

5 Likes

Oh dang I didn’t know this was a show and tell from and near Annapolis Maryland.

!!

4 Likes

I live in Maine now, however I lived in central NY when I got the camper. I drove to MT and picked it up a couple days before the factory shut down in March 2020. Spent the next month touring the West, great trip.

2 Likes