Jeep Gladiator - Overlanding Hotdog Stand

Sweet! Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Got the lift on my truck. Now cabana mode is above my head :smiley:

5 Likes

Definitely stands out. Also, attracts hummingbirds.

5 Likes

What lift did you end up going with?

I went with the Mopar lift. It covered all the basics and was a nice price. Lots of incremental upgrades can be done yet with it. It was pretty easy to install and get aligned by myself (most things are fixed length, and the instructions were very good), and while I doub’t matters too much all things considered, is a factory part so if I leave it alone, any weirdness or excessive wear on any components down the road hopefully won’t be extra headaches.

Overall the lift came out to be about 3" taller, so better than advertised. I also added a 3/4" spacer to the rear to compensate for the 500+ pounds now kept in the back with the camper and gear. Overall I think the look is pretty on the money. The 33" stockers, esp as they are mudders, look the part, so I am not rushing that change, and instead will save up for a regear and some 35", possibly 37" tires and such once the need really arises.

The other lift kit I was looking at was the JKS kit, as I liked that it came with some nice baubles like the track bar, disconnects and such. But all in, the Mopar kit was cheaper upfront, and all those little accessories and such can be added on at leisure. I need more small projects like that. Doing things whole hog is starting to sting!

1 Like

Interesting. At the end of the day it has to do with airflow and turbulence and I thing the Camper definitely adds that to the overhang side. Unfortunately I didn’t study fluid dynamics so I’m out of my element!

Totally rad setup you got tho with the rack and RTT!

1 Like

Dude, beautiful spot and awesome pics! Mind sharing the location? love the Gladiator, patiently waiting my sting gray build and my camper. got any more pics of your camper build out? Trying to get some ideas!