New install problems

@GFC_Support I was told you might be able to help. I just had my gfc installed last weekend on the 24th. Tighten everything down as instructed. Got home washed my truck and an excessive amount of water intrusion was in the bed from all over.
Rear door there’s a huge gap about 1" or so.
Seems like the camper is to short aswell

Thanks for reaching out. If you can submit a Service Request Form, we will get you sorted tomorrow when we are back in the office!

1 Like

Submitted. Appreciate it

I was not instructed on tightening anything down at my install date…can you relay the info?

I was told to tighten the bed mounts at 300 miles after installation and to check periodically

1 Like

I wasn’t told anything as well. Got my install last November. @GFC_Support is this something everybody should have been told?

This is pretty standard to have to tighten those attachment bolts. This is the same deal when you have a canopy…just non of us ever do it.

Don’t know what you’re talking about…just tightened mine for the first time yesterday after reading this thread!

2 Likes

Does this apply to V1 as well? I’d appreciate a photo of what needs tightening. Also, just snug, super tight, or torque spec? TIA.

Peace.

3 Likes

Yes, we advise that you should always check your mounts to insure nothing has came loose. After 300 miles from install, you should check them, then check them every oil change. If you go off-road, you should check them before/after every off-road adventure. The above is good practice for your suspension components as well as your wheels too.

3 Likes

So the big holes you’re sticking your finger in went away after tightening the mounts? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
And the water ingress from up top?

Negative. The wrong bulk head panel was installed during assembly, its to short … so the camper can’t slide back more . With the new panel installed can slide it further closing some of that gap but still have to install weather stripping to close and minimize water intrusion from that area

1 Like

I thought everyone has that gap at the tailgate you could fit a finger in, no?

2 Likes

Could you send a picture of what you’re talking about and the difference?

No. Not on my V1, at least.

Peace.

1st picture is mine
2nd is someone else’s build.
Same truck model

I’m not seeing the difference here… Seems like you could fit a finger in both no? I have the gap on my ZR2 V2 I just picked up a month ago.

In any case there is a problem and gfc is fixing it.

1 Like

Good catch, frustrating for sure. They’ll make it right for ya :metal:t3:

1 Like

Sorry I’m seeing it now, the seal is not hanging over far enough that’s for sure.

1 Like