Puget Sound/PNW Owners

Thought I’d start up an owner section for the PNW region. I’m in Seattle and I’ve seen a few units roaming the city.

I owned a launch-edition Superlite over the summer but upgraded to a new V2 Platform RTT. I couldn’t be happier with the countless improvements- easier deployment, endless mounting options(solar panels, ski racks, awning, etc…), a legit ladder mounting solution and larger interior sleeping area, just to name a few.

I do miss the top panel mesh pockets of the Superlite for stashing phones and other small items/electronics for bedtime(like an iPad for movie watching) but overall, I’m glad I upgraded. Hope to see other owners so we can swap ideas

5 Likes

Also in Seattle. V2 RTT also. I picked up one of these for overhead storage – haven’t installed yet. The Top Shelf – VRNCLR

1 Like

I am down in Southwest Washington, Camas. I’ve seen two (2) other GFCs in the Vancouver, WA area. I have the V2 Camper on a 2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2. It was installed May of 2021, I am loving it so far because I can fit in my garage and out of the constant moisture of the PNW west of the Cascades. I probably have 20 nights camping in it so far.

5 Likes

I’m Stevens Pass Highway area. V2 RTT on Jeep Gladiator Mojave.

1 Like

Washington County, Oregon. A PNW group is a great idea and count me in. Have not seen another GFC here. Have the original on a 2014 GMC 2500. Build #441.

2 Likes

Just ordered GFC v2 for Tacoma TRD Sport- pick up ETA 2/19! Eastern Washington

1 Like

I think I’ve seen you. Is it a blue truck you’re rolling in? I have a 2016 silver Tacoma with a black V1 GFC.

2 Likes

Mike-

That would be me.

3 Likes

Everett here!

3 Likes

What’s up guys! Nate here near Puyallup, WA

4 Likes

Hi Matt. Did you get the tent side doors on your V2? I’m staring at this form and debating whether or not to get them. wondering if not getting them would make the tent more bomb-proof in bad weather. any thoughts here? I know there’s a thread on here already about this, but I remain inconclusive.

I’m on the same page as you, you got to get the side doors or you’ll probably regret not doing it.

Hello everyone! My husband and I are interested in the GFC campers and we’re wondering if any Seattle area owners would be willing to show us your set up. The company suggested we post here as we can’t get over to Montana any time soon. We are in Kitsap County and are happy to drive to you.

1 Like

Mark from Woodinville. Soon to put a GFC Camper on my 2015 Taco Access Cab. Hoping to have it installed 4/28 for my Grand Canyon Float Trip. Curious if anyone has figured out how to seal the bed? I am wondering if best to do before installing camper? Plus has anyone found any smart solar systems installs? And also bed setups for storing, stove and other things I will be figuring out as I get out there and enjoy.

South Everett Area Here. 2016 Ram Power Wagon with a list of upgrades. Got the V2 Camper installed October of 2021. Have a friend in the Bothell Area with a 2017 Raptor and RSi smartcap with GFC Superlite… Have seen more and more rigs with GFC products in the area lately.

4 Likes

Portland here. 2006 Tacoma reasonably well built for offroading. Got my V2 installed a couple weeks ago. Only one night in it so far on the way home but I’m itching to get out in it this Spring.

6 Likes

Patrick from Bothell. Have a 2017 Raptor with a GFC Superlite launch edition mounted on a RSI Smartcap.

3 Likes

Hey Everyone,
Picked up my camper on 2/5, loving it so far!
Added Matt Geko lighting, 200w of solar, 20amp DC/DC charger, and a Victon AC/DC charger. More charging and storage (100AH lithium) than I’ll ever need for weekend trips but it was a fun project.
Jason Connell - Bothell

6 Likes

Snohomish County, V2 GFC on 2021 Ranger
Loving it. Get the side doors. What little weather might slip in is nothing that can’t be dealt with easily enough…. The views and breezes the doors give you is so worth the minor inconvenience.

1 Like

Monroe here, install date scheduled for 4/22

2 Likes