Superlite Security

Hi All!
Through a misunderstanding on my part and poor communication on GFCs part, I missed out on getting the locks for the quick release mounts. I would like to be able to secure my tent but want to be able to easily take it on and off. Ideally I would like to not wait 2-6 months until the locks are back in stock. Does anyone have ideas on how to secure the tent to the vehicle using the quick release mounts?
Thank you,
Paul

No responses so far! I’ve been working on this and have come up with something that I think will work until the locks come back into stock.
I am going to install the aluminum loops that hold the ladder straps to the superlite rail with security hardware somewhere above the rack. I bought a Masterlock Python cable lock that will thread through the loops and around the rack. I’m only planning to use the Python when we leave the vehicle/tent at a trailhead or other high risk area.
Meanwhile, I hope the quick release locks come back into stock soon!
I can post pictures if anyone is interested - the security bolts should be here tomorrow.

Please do. Been considering ideas as well.

I have thought of running two locking ratchet straps
Through my uptop overland bed rack to secure it. Security ratchet straps have steel cables running through them. So they would take some time to cut through

Not elegant, but it will work until the real locks are back in stock.

2 Likes

I have both of my Superlites (one on a truck, the other on a trailer) bolted down as I don’t have space to store them elsewhere. Also, the one on the trailer was difficult to install and I don’t want to have to do that again.

I then put Kanulocks (https://www.kanulock.com/) around both of them. I’m sure someone could easily cut through that with an angle grinder, but I figure it’s one more barrier.

@Sonoran_Tree love your workaround and looking to do the same while I wait for the quick release locks. What did you use for security hardware?

Looks like locks are available once more. Just got notification my back order has been shipped.

How are the Kanulocks working out for you? I’m considering purchasing them? What size did you get them in?
Thanks!

I ended up getting the factory locks, and they are great! I think the Kanulock would work ok, but not an elegant solution.

The factory locks secure the tent but they would still be able to open the tent if they wanted? How much were the factory locks? They are on the website?
Thanks!