Superlite v2 announcement?

I imagine it’s moot, but figure this is the only place I can ask. I have a bed rack on order and want to have a superlite (or similar lightweight clamshell/wedge) in the works for next summer. I know they’ve got to source new, non-China based resources but wonder how that’s proceeding. Has ANYONE heard any rumblings of when the Superlite will be on the menu again?

1 Like

i hope the V2 is at least a thought anyway. a slightly bigger version with more foot space at the hinge be nice. i hope they can source material here in U.S.A. maybe hook up with ripstop by the roll or similar company that deals in outdoor fabrics. also wouldnt be surprised to see clones of the Superlite start showing up. weighing in at 80 lbs i bet the demand will keep it busy. im glad i took the plunge. best of luck in getting one!

Make the leap for an RTT! It’s a little more expensive but well worth it for the build quality and feature set.

AFAIK, superlites are meant to be mounted/dismounted as needed. If you’re already going with a bed rack and don’t want the paneling of a camper, you could get the best of both worlds with an RTT on top…

Its tempting, but what I really like about the Superlite is the weight and the price. Both are more in line with my “sometimes” camping habits.

Even if there isn’t a V2 coming, even if it has been discontinued, even if it is off the menu until midyear 2022…

FFS somebody at GFC SAY SOMETHING. This is not the type of customer relations that I was expecting. I held off on ordering by 9 months to let them get their feet under them, because the vehicle a Superlite was going to ride on wasn’t ready yet. Now they’re unobtainium. I can be a lot of patient…but not if I don’t know what to expect…

although a bit heavier i did a search for wedge style tents and it looks like Trustmade makes one.dont know anything about it but might work for some til the GFC-s come back…https://www.morris4x4center.com/trustmade-triangle-hard-shell-roof-top-tent.html