THE GFC PIT MEGA THREAD: Updates

Hey All!

PIT update emails will be going out today to those of you in CA who are on my list. A few things I wanted to throw up to everyone about the PIT.

The PIT is a set amount of days with a set amount of slots per day. (Typically 3)

Those slots have priority for acute hinge failures and then go to proactive hinge upgrades pending the availability of a time slot.

Once the slots are filled up they are filled until the next PIT trip comes around to your area.

I would like to clarify that the PIT is NOT PART OF YOUR WARRANTY and is something cool we are doing as a company to help get you all updated as much as possible.

YOUR WARRANTY ONLY COVERS FREE REPAIRS AT OUR SHOP IN MONTANA.

This does not mean that you will be charged for the warranty work on the PIT, you will absolutely not be. It just means that the PIT is a privilege and a courtesy and I don’t think many people understand this is not something other companies do.

If you haven’t been added to the PIT list in CA and would like to be please send me an email with:

Your full name

Phone number

Address

Build number

Confirmed truck model/bed length

I will add you to the list and if there is availability after accrue hinge issues I will contact those who would be proactive hinge upgrades at the same time for first come first served.

Thank you!
-Mike

10 Likes

I’ll say it again. Other campers may have their charms, but the effort going into the PIT retrofit campaign puts GFC in rare company.

Mike, it’s impossible to measure how important this work has been to all of us affected by the hinge failures. I meant what I told you in Oklahoma - you saved GFC. Thank you for continuing to make this happen.

9 Likes

I did not really want to have to post anything like this but it seems the PIT has been misconstrued. I just wanted to remind everyone who has gotten used to the idea that it is unique and no one else offers anything like it.

6 Likes