Tundra GFC Build

I added the same BROG pouch in my camper and it has been working great to hold keys, phones, etc. Matt, the owner of Blue Ridge Overland, is a friend of mine. I have a lot of their product and it is all top notch quality and super durable. Nice truck!

1 Like

Nice build. I really like the lean-to that you built for parking as well!

1 Like

Epic truck…Where’d ya get the sheets?

1 Like

@DannyEnder My mom is quite handy with a sewing machine

1 Like

I love all the Blue Ridge Overland Gear that I have. I could easily spend a good chunk of change on all the other bags and organizers I have my eye on!

How’d you stick that blueridge pouch on the ceiling?

@wkndvbz I just ordered some adhesive-backed Velcro from them as well. Seemed to stick pretty well to the roof material so we’ll see how long it lasts with changing temperatures and all.

1 Like

Nice set up! That multi pouch set up where the rear window of the truck is, what’s is that?

1 Like

@Herrmann552 are you taking about inside the camper? That’s a Duluth Trading Co Seat Back Bunker. If you’re referring to inside the cab then those are just molle pouches on Grey Man Tactical molle panels mounted to a custom rear seat delete that I did.

Been trying to find the back seat bunker for the past couple months on the Duluth Trading Co website but it appears to be out of stock long term or discontinued. I spoke with 2 reps for them two weeks apart and they cannot even find the bunker in their history (which is not a good sign). Really wanted to get this for my Tundra

@DannyEnder I had the same issue for a while but then it randomly showed back up in their website. I’d bet that if they were going to get it back in stock it would be soon for Black Friday or Christmas shopping. Just my thought though.

Thanks that is great to know. I still have a while (March) until I pick up my camper but would love to pounce on one of these if they come available. I feel like it is a lot better than the Cabelas hunting/fishing ones. Have you been happy with your so far? Any durability issues or things you’re not happy with?

@DannyEnder I’ve been pleased so far. I made my own set of straps to connect it to the mounting points in the camper. The straps it come with let the pouches hang too low for my liking so I made shorter ones. Pouches are great though and seem durable.

1 Like

Recently added the Dobinson snorkel and a Sy-Klone pre cleaner. I prefer the look of the pre-cleaner type heads on snorkels over the traditional look. I also took the fender flares off to install the snorkel and prefer the look of it now without them.

3 Likes

Storage needs have changed for future camping trips with our little one so decided to rebuild the drawers in the bed of the truck to better accommodate more gear. Mostly built out 1/2” plywood and some 2x10’s for the frame. I used some 40” heavy duty drawer slides to have drawers that are basically 3/4 of the length of the bed and the rest of the area is just one large storage compartment with access via a door. I also added a universal bedrug on top, cut to fit, and some tie down points in 4 corners to hold the bedrug down. I’ve also had a DFG Offroad fridge slide/tilt waiting for me to rebuild my drawers so it could be better mounted so I finally had a chance to mount it.

9 Likes

Dang @WVTRDPro you killed it again with your build! Any details or photos of building the Drawers?

1 Like

This is for sure one of my favorite builds. Great work!

1 Like

@LBS_TRDadventures Thanks! I snapped a few pics as I built it but then got caught up in building it and didn’t document much of the final parts. This the base frame.

I then used two 4x8 sheets of 1/2” plywood and trimmed them to match the contours of the bed.

From there I added the bedrug and also the aluminum c-channel on the front edge to protect it while getting in and out of the camper.

2 Likes

@jedgar Thanks! Hopefully this will make camping with a 1-year old somewhat easier

2 Likes

I am just figuring out camping with a 10 month old also, so keep us posted on what works!

1 Like