VRNCLR Bedding catch

Got my bedding catch today! Seems very well made, was very easy to install and now my bags are not at the mercy of dog paws in transit. I’m just waiting on another shipment and then we’ll see how well it holds when I’m driving on dirt!

8 Likes

That’s rad! Been slacking on ordering the XL attic. Haven’t seen anybody post pics of these things. Keep us updated with how it works for ya. Been mustering up the nerve to order one of these and some frame bags.

1 Like

he makes great stuff, having the advantage of owning a gfc - he can make things that make his own experience better. its spendy but when you realise he is a one man band making everything himself and is made from high quality materials, i havent heard anyone complain about his stuff

5 Likes

Yeah. I ordered some triangle bags. I’m happy to support small business. The price is what it is. I’m hoping the bags will free up space in the cabaña. Space is priceless… I can’t wait to get my bags.

Peace.

4 Likes

You won’t regret it, I can’t stand stuff rolling around the bed. These bags keep you way more organized.

1 Like

Just did 2600 miles through Baja, the bedding catch was clutch!

2 Likes

Unsurprisingly it works well, and exactly as expected. It’s not an easy thing to review because excellence in simplicity often doesn’t stand out, it just does with it’s supposed to. There’s no bells and whistles to go off about, but pointing out that something works so well I never have to think about or futz with it is really my highest praise. The simple pleasure of a well crafted hand made object or tool just can’t be beat, I’ll be getting a frame bag eventually for sure.

1 Like

Just curious what truck do you have and what size bedding catch is that? Looks great btw. Thanks!

Any pics? Sounds like something I would possibly do as well.

Came out nice, it looks tighter than the catch is so it might even be more secure. I was going to go this route as well but then my bonus ended up being good to me, and I like hand made bags. Best way to check someone’s sewing is to look at their stitches, worth it to me as a spot check on the likely quality of construction in the frame bag.

I like how well his stuff is made. Been pretty useful. I just removed my bedding catch from VRNCLR.
I don’t know, but I got tired of seeing it jouncing up and down like a ballsac in the bed of my camper.
I think I am going to attach it w/o the shockcords and see how that works.

4 Likes

Loving my bedding catch. Saves a whole tote worth of space to make room for a fridge or other goodies :slight_smile:

3 Likes

New Nissan and Ford GFC Goods on the way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone using these with a front “window” molle panel? Wondering how much the 2 would interfere with each other?

1 Like

I was more curious about the bedding catch. Seems like it would share a lot of space with things mounted to the molle panel but hard to tell from pics.

They don’t interfere at all when used together, in fact, when I camp with the whole family, I drop the back section down so it hangs in front of the front window, then recoup the back biners to the front biners and viola, you have a mini hammock to hold shit and a window cover at the same time.
There’s room to strap a rifle, shotgun, shovel, what have you at the top of the molle even with the bed catch

2 Likes

Noticed today that if I drop my bedding catch it can be used to block the front window. Not a frequent use case but just another sweet thing about the bedding catch. I’m going to add some more d rings so I can tighten it down for this use case also :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

@the_philxx hey man I love how you made the bedding catch. I know you added the links to where you bought the materials to make but do mind telling us how much of each material you bought and what size it was?