What have you done to your GFC this week

Prototype 0.1 Propex heater.

I didn’t want to mess with carrying another fuel source and wanted something that won’t create condensation. I also want something that can be swapped easily and not permanently mounted or built into the rig.

My solution is a wing tray. This keeps all parts out of the weather and available inside for adjustments. Future material will probably be marine grade plywood or something lighter.

I currently use a Wagan Tech 1200Wh Power cube that sets at the back of the kitchen box. It runs the furnace and CO detector.

Ran great for 2 nights up to 10000 feet, 28F and 50mph gusts.

Both the bed and truck bed were nice and cozy.

Ignore the gap at the back. I forgot to chamfer the 6 degrees on the back triangle.

Board folds in half and wedges folds down for easy storage. Panel is also slotted to fit around the panel stiffener and then pinned to existing holes in the stiffener.

It mates up well to the existing weatherstripping on the panel. I may use a 3/4” core box bit to match the tube better on the inside.

6 Likes

Yes. It was taken to a wrap shop.

New awning who dis?

13 Likes

Love this idea!!! The extra strength will b3 good piece of mind.

1 Like

I’ve been debating between ARB and roam, is there plenty of room to open the latches with the roam? What mounts did you use?

Hmm… “plenty” is not how I’d describe it, but there’s enough. I can get a finger between the latch and the actual hard start of the awning inside the cover. Opening and closing the latches is a little slower now.

I used the GFC universal brackets and had to notch them out because of the lip on the back side of the camper. Cut the same notches this guy did.

2 Likes

Installed my MPPT panel along with my solar battery. All custom wiring and connections by myself. Fits pretty snug in my cabinet with the water tank. Also finally installed my water pump for the potable water I haul when camping

7 Likes

Hey all! New to the community here. Just got my camper all set up. Decided the bed wasn’t comfy enough so I got a two inch topper and sewed up some covers for them. Only bummer is I have to take out half the pads to get the camper to close. Otherwise works like a charm.

2 Likes

Nice! did you find that 1 inch topper was not enough comfort?

1 Like

I didn’t have a chance to try and 1 inch topper but if it would allow the camper to close I’d give it a go. Wouldn’t be hard to adapt these covers to a one inch topper.

Not sure how easy it is to tell from the pictures but just added a thru-axle mount to my shelf to haul a bike without the road grime and keep it locked up etc

13 Likes

The 1” is the key, that’s what I went with in the end. Able to close the tent no problem. I found for me, 1” on the softer (blue) existing foam, then the firmer foam (grey) on the bottom.

I tried 2” on the blue (separated the two stock layers painstakingly) and it’s a hair too soft, but still good. In the end 3” is still enough room to close the tent without too much hassle.

2 Likes

Sweet thanks for the info! I’ll be on the lookout for a 1 inch medium firm topper

Great way to ride with a mtn bike. Thinking of a similar set up.

1 Like

Put a pocket on the front of my drawer so I don’t loose my keys every time I go to the beach. Might be the greatest thing I have ever done :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

It’s the little things in life…always looking for spices/salt/pepper buried somewhere and it’s spilled or opened. Welcome little addition with salt, pepper, taco spices and jalapeño seasoning blend (from MontanaMex… if you have never tried it you have to throw it on a fried :fried_egg:in the morning.) Amazon for the container.

9 Likes

this is genius, pls share AMZN link if you have it…

3 Likes

Been working on this battery/solar/drawer build out plan for a while. Still have a loooooong ways to go but wanted to see what room I have for the electricals. (Not pictured: Victron solar controller, shunt…this is only a mock-up)
Guys with drawer slides, where did you find the slider hardware?

Took out the Decked drawers, Dometic fridge and slide. Bought a smaller fridge that now lives behind the drivers seat. Installed the Alu-Cab Ammo Box Slides for my FrontRunner boxes. 7 Gallons of water in one that I’m going to run a hose to the tailgate from. One is my kitchen supplies and 2 for mine and my sons clothes.

My camper is a late V1 and this is it’s second iteration. Most of my weight is forward of the rear axle now.

Solar set up is next.

7 Likes

T-minus 8 days to install! Thanks to Amazon Days, I went ahead and ordered the Jackery solar generator kit (1000W Explorer and 2 100w panels) and the IceCo VL45. :+1:

4 Likes