Aftermarket products for the GFC

I just removed and sold the Prinsu from my 2nd gen Access Cab. Im waiting to see if what I did to fill the holes worked for sealing. :crossed_fingers:

I am not planning on getting another rack. I want to do the diy roof rack when I get my camper. Or I might buy the parts, and then do the install when I am in Montana

1 Like

Bought an iKamper ladder to use with my upcoming Platform RTT due to the angled rungs–figured it would be a little more comfortable with bare feet or sandals. Got some ladder hooks from Shittco shortly after that to use with the ladder and it turns out the iKamper ladder has a much larger diameter hole than the GFC ladder does and had about 3/10" of gap. We discussed a few options and in the end I sent him back the factory iKamper mounts and the hooks for him to look at. He ended up making me a delrin sleeve for the hooks and now they fit like a glove; almost like they were meant to be there from the factory. Cannot recommend Shittco enough–he’s such a nice guy and went above and beyond for me on this to make sure I was 100% happy and could use the hooks. Never would have guessed there were this many variations of the same telescoping ladder, but I guess there are.

10 Likes

cool new josh edgar designs hatch latch for V! campers…

buy ihere:
https://joshedgardesign.com/products.html#!/HatchLatch/p/288114087/category=0

info here :
The HatchLatch!

5 Likes

@hstexan this is always good to hear, people like shittco care about what they are doing and have an invested interest in your experience with their products, because at the end of the day - they are also people who love to camp.

1 Like

@jedgar designs busting them out - well worth the read

roof rack bars by AL offroad

3 Likes

vrnclrsewnstorage has a limited run of V2 frame bags - according to his instagram

https://www.instagram.com/vrnclrsewnstorage/

4 Likes

V2 mounting hole plugs.
Alright all of you 3D printers and smart folk get out your pocket protectors and calculators I’m looking for a vanity solution that in no way will help trail clearance or huckability. On the easy → not worth it scale what would printing a plug that would cover the hole on the bed mounting component?

4 Likes

I’d take a stab at making some 3D printed ones for you. Don’t have a V2 but if you send me some dimensions (maybe some pics with a ruler?) I could get close enough for a prototype. You’d need 4 correct? Shoot me an email at josh@joshedgardesign.com

2 Likes

Love it — Count me in for a set of these plugs too :eyes:

2 Likes

there was a post somewhere on here of a cheap amazon version of what you are asking. like $8

That’s a much better option if it exists for sure. The printer takes forever so more than one or two sets would be a pain.

I found those didnt fit well enough to be of use. Gorrilla Tape.

Josh,
If you make this accessory (can you call it an accessory), I will buy a set.
Cheers,
Robert

1 Like

These do the trick. Amazon.com: SBDs (Pack of 4) 1-3/4” -1.75 Square Plastic Plug, 10 14 Ga for Inside ID 1.49"-1.58" Tubing End Cap | Furniture Chair Glide Inserts | Fencing Post End Inserts | Fitness Eqpt Caps : Industrial & Scientific

5 Likes

Put me in for a set as well please!

Is there a frame step like the v1 step, I’d take a set of those too

1 Like

@Seemore_Miles
You are correct those plugs do look like they would work. I’ll take a look at the pre made ones first then give a shout to @jedgar if the tolerances don’t work.

1 Like

Just got those amazon plugs from the above post, they are a little too big and wont push in
Sending them back

2 Likes

Thanks for being the Guinea pig, had a feeling that the mass produced ones wouldn’t incorporate as nicely as we’d like. I’ll follow through with measurements to @jedgar.

1 Like

@Medicfung @ColoradoNick. I had to modify them (trim the sides) slightly but they fit perfectly after that.

1 Like