Aftermarket products for the GFC

V2 mounting hole plugs.
Alright all of you 3D printers and smart folk get out your pocket protectors and calculators I’m looking for a vanity solution that in no way will help trail clearance or huckability. On the easy → not worth it scale what would printing a plug that would cover the hole on the bed mounting component?

4 Likes

I’d take a stab at making some 3D printed ones for you. Don’t have a V2 but if you send me some dimensions (maybe some pics with a ruler?) I could get close enough for a prototype. You’d need 4 correct? Shoot me an email at josh@joshedgardesign.com

2 Likes

Love it — Count me in for a set of these plugs too :eyes:

2 Likes

there was a post somewhere on here of a cheap amazon version of what you are asking. like $8

That’s a much better option if it exists for sure. The printer takes forever so more than one or two sets would be a pain.

I found those didnt fit well enough to be of use. Gorrilla Tape.

Josh,
If you make this accessory (can you call it an accessory), I will buy a set.
Cheers,
Robert

1 Like

These do the trick. Amazon.com: SBDs (Pack of 4) 1-3/4” -1.75 Square Plastic Plug, 10 14 Ga for Inside ID 1.49"-1.58" Tubing End Cap | Furniture Chair Glide Inserts | Fencing Post End Inserts | Fitness Eqpt Caps : Industrial & Scientific

5 Likes

Put me in for a set as well please!

Is there a frame step like the v1 step, I’d take a set of those too

1 Like

@Seemore_Miles
You are correct those plugs do look like they would work. I’ll take a look at the pre made ones first then give a shout to @jedgar if the tolerances don’t work.

1 Like

Just got those amazon plugs from the above post, they are a little too big and wont push in
Sending them back

2 Likes

Thanks for being the Guinea pig, had a feeling that the mass produced ones wouldn’t incorporate as nicely as we’d like. I’ll follow through with measurements to @jedgar.

1 Like

@Medicfung @ColoradoNick. I had to modify them (trim the sides) slightly but they fit perfectly after that.

1 Like

No need to send them back. They fit.

There are about 5 flexible fins that secure the plug in place. Just trim the first 3-4 and the plug fits nice and snug.

3 Likes

Thats exactly what I did!

1 Like

Anybody have pictures of these plugs in place?

4 Likes

whilst not GFC specific - some super cool camping equipment, made by some people with a bunch of experience in the field - the size making it great for campers and RTT’s (but also bbq’s and hammocks and stuff) with a GFC discount currently GOFAST10

@AERONAUT

2 Likes

The cheap Amazon plugs do work pretty well, after slimming them down a bit. I used an exacto knife to trim them down. Took about 10 minutes.

8 Likes

How are these holding up? Any looseness or rubbing on the panel? Looks really clean!

works perfectly… no looseness or rubbing at all!