Are these complains valid/common?

I made a video about mine to my only real complaint is the water getting inside when the tent is closed and it rains

2 Likes

I came from a CVT Mt Hood and a Smart cap. I also live in Montana so purchasing the GFC made sense. With any issues, it is just a short drive for me.

3 things I miss the most about the CVT:

1. the mattress. I used a 4 inch qomotop. Getting the overland soft goods mattress topper has helped a lot though!

2. the windows. I think in the V3, GFC needs to include one more layer for the windows and it be a clear/tent material opton. With the CVT you could completely zip and close the windows all around. If they also added the ventilation options at the top that would help.

3. I will be wrapping the top of my roof as well because it did block out basically all the light. The GFC is very different so this isn’t a complaint, just an observation. I personally dislike the white/honeycomb roof.

I remember looking at a SP awhile back and it really rubbed me wrong that they literally increased the price from ~9k to nearly 13k. For the 9k price tag, it was tough competition for GFC. Now with such a large gap, they are in different categories in my opinion.

2 Likes