California/montana/idaho/washington/oregon

doh! that sucks! yeah i’m planning on getting a locking tailgate as the tacoma doesn’t come with one unfortunately.

Ah yeah figured sliding the wheel back was the key. FWIW I use L-track to secure my fork mounts. Those are nice because you don’t have to have something that goes all the way across the bed. This guy machines and sells plates that are pretty thick 1/4" aluminum with inserts for the fork mount and for L-track lugs. I had him just send me the sheet, no mounts or other hardware, it was cheaper. Camper Van L-Track Fork Mount – Adventure Van Company.

nice, those things look great! and you can mount whatever type of fork mount to those plates? I definitely like the rocky mounts ones i have. easy to swap between different axle sizes, and they lock.

good question, you could call the guy who makes them and ask, he’s pretty responsive.

Fantastic pictures and great route :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is that Oneonta Gorge? I visited years ago, but heard it burned recently… :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

it’s fern canyon in prairie creek redwood state park in northern california. amazing canyon, and the redwoods are the biggest i’ve seen.

1 Like

Us too!

1 Like

WOW!!! Amazing…Can’t wait to hit the road