Clutch AF overlanding blanket thing

Sorry to the awesome folks making the good stuff, but I just saw something at IKEA which is definitely made in China but is 100% right for someone on here…

3 Likes

Did anyone actually click the link and watch the product video??
I dare you to wear this around camp haha

3 Likes

But it’s green and orange and looks like it belongs… But to be fair I held it in my hands and didn’t buy one

2 Likes

The reviews call it “a tactical Snuggie”

Incredible lol

1 Like

It has a little bit of a Ming Dynasty vibe. Or Yoda, maybe?

Probably a lot like wearing kilts… it’s what you wear underneath that really makes it work.

Happy trails…

3 Likes

We were shopping for some furniture for the rental and like any trip to IKEA, I was taken aback by how cheap some things are and how expensive other things are - when both seem to have the same quality. I am also noticing that my taste has evolved a lot since my college days and IKEA rarely fits the bill anymore… but it is great for college dorm rooms, apartments where you move around a fair amount, rentals, or for strategic pieces. We had just walked the entirety of the store - and if you haven’t walked through an IKEA it is an event. We had a desk and a cheap desk chair, a couple random kitchen items, and some bedding picked out when it happened…

What’s this?! Something in the bedding section has caught my eye - could it be?! Tactical sleeping gear? Only thing this was missing was a MOLLE PALS panel. I would called it a tactical snuggie - remember those? I only have a few questions - how many days longer on Alone could I last if I had one of these with me? Can it help me set a snare or skin an elk? Can it be used as a weapon in camper defense scenarios?

I actually didn’t know it was meant to be worn until I looked it up online later - I just thought it was a blanket that folds into a pillow - that is still a pretty slick idea. The pillow is very thin so for $80 you get 2 of these and toss them in your gear loft and you have emergency insulated bedding with you!

2 Likes

Looks like something you could make a much nicer version of :slight_smile:

My grandma-rest her soul- used to make these. all us grand kids had 1 and our own color so they never got mixed up. they were always on the 4 hour road trip to see the grand parents

1 Like