Corner leaking in V2 Camper

I’m getting water intrusion in the upper corners. I think I found the culprit. Any ideas on the fix?

2 week old camper

I’m already in the process of getting a new lock, but it takes a while for a response.

It looks like they just didn’t put enough silicon up there. I’d get some silicon from Home Depot and seal it up.

1 Like

Do you happen to know what kind they use? I’m sure I could use auto but want to make sure it adheres to the frame.

or the same thing available at home depot

https://www.homedepot.com/p/OSI-QUAD-Max-9-5-fl-oz-White-001-Exterior-Interior-Window-Door-and-Siding-Sealant-1868684/205761607

2 Likes

I’ve been getting wet mattresses every morning. I left two squares out and it leaked down to my bed. What do you think? Would this be the culprit.

Also this thing is not water tight by any means when closed. I’m not mad I just wish it wasn’t marketed to be water tight. Another disappointment.

if you park with the back end downhill, does it still leak inside? yes that looks like the source.

1 Like

My driveway has a slight incline. Probably why I haven’t noticed it before. I’m surprised they didn’t fill the gaps from factory.

Either way, I’m still loving this thing. To anyone reading these are simple fixes. For the money I wish they were taken care of before pick up but I guess it is what it is.

I just looked and all 4 corners on mine have a gap too. I have never noticed any water intrusion though. 99% of the time I’m parked with a slight incline to the front

I’m experiencing the same type of water intrusion. Some of it has to do with the incline that I park on. But last night I noticed light in the one corner where some silicone was clearly missed. I too have the same gaps on the roof.

This weekend will be the first real test for the unit in use. It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I will report back. For the money, I on the other hand, am extremely disappointed with the overall experience and lack of QC.

Currently regretting not further investigating Super Pacific for the extra cash. It’s all good though, I’ll likely sell the unit and the truck as a whole and end up going the Sprinter route in the future.

5 Likes

I was actually tail down

I honestly think there is a market for rain flys for GFC’s or at least a camper cover with elastic around the edge that you could quickly throw on it when parked (think waterproof fitted sheet).

1 Like

Totally!!! I was literally about to sign the order form for a Hawk Shell when the wife said “$24000!!! No F-ing way!” But you’re right, here we are…not as dry as my Leer topper, but way more room and way more bad ass looking.

I’ll be removing my GFC decals today, since they’re damaged anyways.

1 Like

Ya that or they could just do the level of work they hype…

4 Likes

4 Likes

Same shit, different pile.

5 Likes

Ha! Fair enough. Sounds like the solution is simple in the future. note to self create Mercedes Sprinter van fund when you get home.

2 Likes

Do you guys have a bead of sealant inside the roof in the t-track corners were it meets the front and back frame pieces? I’ll take a picture in the morning if you need the visual. mine has it and i could see how, if missed, it would be a sieve.

my thought on GFC, it is the lowest priced wedge camper on the market for a reason. I have a couple bad milling spots on the extrusions. just saying cheapest on the market. read into that as you like

1 Like

Had a Sprinter and sold it. Great setup but be prepared for $3-5k in diesel engine emission repairs each year (see recent MB settlement) and lots of extra maintenance and repair expenses because normal mechanics wont work on it due to diesel, proprietary MB diagnostics, or simply its size.

1 Like

look at that that sloppy job. sealant everywhere

3 Likes