Electrical system help

After a bout with a stomach virus that put me in the hospital on Tuesday, I recovered enough to drag myself out to the garage to test this out.

@ScottH Saved the day with the recommendation to ditch the cigarette lighter plug. Still pulled over 10amps on startup for a few seconds but running great using one of the Goal Zero 12v output plugs (hard to find a used female cigarette plug and hack it up because they are sold out)

I’ll replace the entire wire with some high quality stuff soon, and need another solution for the trailer since it has lights, fan, and the fridge running, but I can at least use my new heater in the GFC! Thanks Scott!

2 Likes

Well it was 20 degrees today and I tried to use the heater and it pulled a bit more power than it had in the 30s and tripped the GZ again. Other than buying a new battery pack, which I dont really want to do, I think I am out of luck on this model working out for me. I have a propex sitting in a box so I am going to go that route in the trailer and just not use one in the GFC.

Anyone want a Planar Heater. It is this model purchased from here: Planar Portable Diesel Air Heater Planar 2D-12V – Main Line Overland

I paid $1379.00 but would sell it for $1100 shipped.

1 Like

That’s a steal! We love ours and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great portable heater. @OverlandKyle, not sure if you were still looking for a heater.

1 Like

@jedgar PM’ed

@MBBME thanks for the shout-out

1 Like

Planar heater sold.

1 Like