GFC V2 YouTube thread

Hey @Herrmann552 I’m curious how you were able to use Track Studs from GFC as they are too short to fit the nut securely to the Axia mount? I was able to ream the hole in the Axia mount just a bit to use 1/4 - 20 T-Nuts from GFC. Although, in order to fasten it did required 1/2in ID washers to allow the T-Nut and Bolt to tighten properly to the Beef Rack. I would rather use a Track Stud if there was a way to do so. Do share!

Hey All,

Here’s a video I made yesterday when my GFC showed up in Williams Lake BC after its exciting journey from Belgrade.

2 Likes

What a bummer dude :frowning:

Someone had to be the test pilot :unamused:

Sorry about your luck man. But kudos for handling it like a gentlemen. I hope you get that window sorted. Good times to come with the fam.

1 Like

Cheers, thanks dude. Good times coming soon.

That’s a huge bummer. I got a V2 RTT. It had some minor shipping damage from where a forklift penetrated the box and damaged the underside of the platform but nothing like this.

2 Likes

Ugh, so sorry man :frowning: wishing you speedy repairs

1 Like

Looks like we both had a little bad luck. I got things straightened out enough to be useable; but need to talk to gfc regarding some water intrusion during rainfalls in the back corner of the tent when closed. As well as some from the top front during pressure washing.

Fingers crossed the shipping insurance company comes through and GFC can send up some new panels. Also fingers crossed they don’t ask for the camper back.

Here’s an update video that includes a bit of a step by step as I installed everything back in the truck.

I kinda enjoy doing these, wish I had more time to make them more polished. Always open to comments, criticisms, and suggestions. Albeit, I may not take them :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy Camping

4 Likes

New video alert! 6 month review :sunglasses:

GFC camper V2 6 month review :+1:…FROZEN DOOR LATCH!

Frozen latch video to come next. Big thanks to @jedgar for a working solution!

4 Likes

The ULTIMATE Winter Truck Camper | GO FAST CAMPER | Snowboarding + White Mountain National Forest - YouTube Extensive walk through at 4:55

1 Like

The top 6 changes on the V2 camper. After running the V1 tent on my 5th Gen 4Runner for over 3 years, we finally got our V2. Here are my top 6 changes that they made from V1 to V2.

Also, the full write-up:
https://trailtacoma.com/2022/07/26/gfc-platform-camper-v2-review-top-6-changes/

Let me know if you guys/gals have any comments or questions. Cheers,

3 Likes

Hey are you still trying to sell your camper for the tundra?

1 Like

Sorry no, sold it already. Good luck.