Heaters in the camper

That’s commitment! No going back once you’ve cut the hole.

If I am going to f stuff up I am going to do it all the way haha

3 Likes

Love it! Thanks for the reply. I was chuckling and nodding in agreement.

1 Like

Planning on ordering a 2kw heater next week. I guess i have some reading to do in this thread.

I want to build or use a sort of tire table to put the heater on, and use my bed cubbies to route the hvac into the bed

4 Likes

That’s actually the first reason ive seen to buy one of those tables

1 Like

I have the table but not the heater yet…. Rather a tire step than a table as it’s more compact….

2 Likes

I like the step more actually. Thanks for that! And the price is much better too. Just need to see if the heater/box will fit when i get it built.

Worse case scenario I have an aluminum folding table that i can put it on

I dig that.

What kind of power supply are you planning on using?

I’ve got a National Luna DC25 power pack that I feed my solar and my DC charger along with shore through to an 100ah lithium battery

1 Like

For those of you who aren’t doing permanent mounts, what sort of ducting are you using?

I’m trying to pipe air from a heater in the bed / on the ground up to a RTT. I got some ducting intended for permanent installs and found it does not hold up to handling at all, it rips if you look at it sideways. Dryer vent would be a bit more durable but pretty awkward to work with.

I am toying with the idea of making a solid PVC contraption and just having a small section of flexible duct (from heater on ground → PVC going up to RTT level) but that’s a big clunky bit of stuff to carry around. I’d rather have flexible / collapsible ducting but I can’t find anything durable. Any clues?

1 Like

This is the one I use. It’s like a dryer vent inside but it’s covered in pvc so you can handle it. Oh and it collapses back down pretty easily.

2 Likes

Ok so I decided to go with the aluminum box style found in this link to upgrade from the big plastic tub I currently have my heater in.

https://www.revereoverland.com/diesel

I do want to heat the entire truck box and camper and found I was able to no problem with the 5kw heater. The big question is do I cut a hole in the truck bed itself or cut a hole in one of the GFC alu doors and install a 3" blast gate to duct the heat in?

1 Like

Did you do the heater linked above by whiteroom? There seem to be a million of those images under a bunch of different names! So you guys are putting the heater outside, and routing the hose in through the tent zipper? I have a 2020 Tundra and would like to heat into the bed, but don’t want to cut a hole in the bed…looking for options.

@Whiteroom that is my issue exactly. I don’t want to cut into the bed, but want heat in the bottom in case I am sleeping down there in bad weather…wish we had the tool cubby like the Taco’s do to cut out a duct hole…

Check out my setup…although I’m about to mod the box and make it permanent.

https://forum.gofastcampers.com/t/diesel-heaters-do-you-all-use/16705/9?u=dignon

2 Likes

New setup. Haven’t used it camping yet, But it puts out ALOT of heat. Can’t wait to test it out.

4 Likes

Which diesel unit is that? Planar?

Yes the planar 2kw portable.

1 Like

Looks familiar!

Nice rig. Are you liking the heater? Seems like it is a game changer!!!