Restocked: Low-profile maxtrax roof mount

Last of the orders went out this morning. Thanks to everyone who got in on the first round! Let me know what you think about the packaging and the product itself. I’ll take all the criticism that I can get as this is my first attempt at entrepreneurship. Cheers!

5 Likes

When is round 2 coming? I’d love to get a set.

I actually have 2 sets available right now!

Hear a few more product photos for anyone curious.

2 Likes

And a few photos from @pandarb

3 Likes

@Wild_Mitten I’m interested in a set if you have any left.

1 Like

Thank you for the photos @jrich14445 !

3 Likes

Any reason why this couldn’t be used to mount perpendicularly across the back lip of the camper? I think that would work well for me given that I have 3 beef bars and I would want the maxtrax to be out of the way when throwing kayaks up there.

1 Like

They fit back there, for sure. They just haven’t been tested in that position. Only negative to that spot is that wind would be pulling up on the mounts /boards instead of running along them. There could be some vibrational issues with that. I did switch from a mild steel to a stronger stainless steel before the production run which helped reduce some of the flex in the mounts.

1 Like

I would have a beef bar a foot or so in front of them that I’d think would break up any air headed their way but I’m no fluid dynamics engineer.

Yeah I would think that would help a bunch. You’re more than welcome to order a set and if you don’t like them, I’ll refund them minus any restocking fees.

1 Like

sorry for dumb question, but how do I go about ordering a set?

I’m currently sold out but I will reach out when I restock. I will also update the thread title and make a post so it gets bumped to the top of the forum. Cheers!

Ryan

1 Like

Ordering a restock from my fabricator and looking to gauge the current level of interest. Send me a dm if you want to get put on the order list.

Cheers!

2 Likes

When I say these are low profile, I mean low.

3 Likes

Definitely interested in buying a set

1 Like

Dude these are so cool, I’m interested in a set!

2 Likes

Now that these have been out in the wild for a bit and y’all have had a chance to properly vet them, does anyone have any critiques that could help me improve them? Hoping to do another run soon and would like to incorporate any design changes before then. I truly appreciate everyone’s input. Cheers.

Ryan

4 Likes

Any in stock at the moment?

Negative. Should be pushing a restock soon though!