Roadtrip!

I’ve been searching for some property up there for years, even lost out on a couple places. I should have bought before the pandemic and Yellowstone came out. Prices have gone bonkers, but I’ll find my place under the Big Sky someday.

2 Likes

I did a cross country in 2021 Gotta see the Blue Ridge Mts I highly recommend the southerly route. It’s way too awesome to miss.

2 Likes

Living in Missoula makes it even better :wink::pinched_fingers:t4:

1 Like

Missoula is a cool city, we’ve explored around there a bit as we passed through and I wouldn’t mind being anywhere in that area, within about an hour of Missoula (they’ve got Scheel’s and Cracker Barrel :joy:). I just miss being among the trees. It’s something that SE Idaho doesn’t have a lot of. Even the mountains are pretty bare by my standards (Washington native).

1 Like

in Salt Lake, grab beers at either TF or Saltfire (my two faves) and ride the Thunder Mountain trail in Bryce Canyon.

Excellent. There’s a possibility I may be working out of SLC for for the foreseeable future with my new job, so I’m excited to explore the area.

Might be another thread, but it’s pretty good here once you learn how to navigate the nuances of a religious nanny state. The Uintas are the quickest escape at about 45 minutes away from the heart of the city. West desert is close. Trails to ride from the house (good road riding also). It’s worth subscribing.

2 Likes

Kyle I’ll be on Colorado for a week in the end of July and again for a week in the end of august…
Pm me your contact I’ll be looking to hit some trails with like mixed people

I have a friend who based his fly fishing routes on breweries… maybe include that and craft distilleries!

1 Like

@PorkChopExpress in the early to mid-70s for multiple summers as a kid I worked on the Rafters Lazy K cattle ranch just south of Darby MT; the ranch house is now the Darby Bed and Breakfast. Darby had maybe 300 people. Where RT93 crossed the Bitterroot River to Sula/Conner Cutoff, they had the land along the river (now a bunch of rich people ranchettes) and east side of the 93 further east. It was an amazing experience in such an awesome area, learned how to fly fish on the Bitterroot and in the Selway-Bitterroot Wilderness; we pushed cattle from the winter fields to the summer meadows deep into the mountains. So I agree with you!!

2 Likes

I’m heading out on this road trip in a couple weeks. If anyone has any recommendations I’d love to hear them!

I’m specifically looking for hiking/MTN biking/camping recommendations for the following places, but I’ll take anything you want to share:

Wisconsin Dells area
Badlands/Black Hills area
Devil’s Tower area
Idaho panhandle
Boise to SLC
Must-see parts of the UT national parks
Kansas to Missouri to Tennessee

And on the off chance anyone has some property for sale around the Missoula area, please send me a DM.

It looks really big.

On the Boise to SLC section City of Rocks is a great spot with some cool hiking/camping.

1 Like

That does look like a good time. Thanks!

Your road trip sounds epic! Did a similar one last summer, and a few highlights were Bryce Canyon for hiking, Taos for mountain biking, and stumbling upon this amazing BBQ joint in Texas. If you decide to go abroad next time, check out Thailand (here’s the guide on the best places: https://thaitriplover.cоm/nightlife-entertainment). Have a great trip!