San Diego to Bozeman #1006

My goodness. I’m bummed to hear about that. Fingers crossed man, you know it will be meant to be when it all comes back together

Looks like we’ll see each other on the way to work as well

1 Like

Thanks man. We’ll see how it goes. It’s happened now so just gotta deal with it. Congrats on your camper tho! I can just live through all you guys for the time being lol :call_me_hand:

34 hours, so a comfortable 2 days one way :grin:

1 Like

@oddball
I figured tree days from southern Maine, and spend the rest of my two week vacation exploring on the way home. Mine won’t be ready until around July, so I have time to kill untill then.

Sorry about your truck, that last snow storm was nice and fluffy where I live.

I guess you barely have me beat :smirk:

1 Like

I will second the sentiments on the AWESOME team at GFC. I was out there for an elk hunt, and pleading to have mine so I didn’t have to make an extra trip from TX. My build had a few issues ,one was a QC on the space frame that pushed it back. It was supposed to be complete before I left for my hunt. They were able to get the new frame back and assembled while was on my hunt, and I had it on for the ride back. While the build went a bit over the expected timeline, they did what they could to make it happen without screwing anyone else’s build in the process.

4 Likes

Lucky you! Highway 395 is a great drive.

Sounds like a great trip Johnny! I’m doing the same drive from San Diego in about 10 days and turning it into a 2 week road trip hitting every ski resort I can along the way there and back. Any suggestions on good places to stop along the way ?

Thank you man! I’m not a huge skier but I’m sure you have some good spots in mind along the way. One place we did stop at that I actually got recommended to by my father from his Montana trip, was the Buffalo Bar off the 191 near West Yellowstone. I would recommend that place all day! Maybe it was the intense snow or the freezing cold, but their food literally warmed the hearts! Lol. I wish we could have done more exploring in the area, but we are already planning a Summer '22 trip back up…good luck on you drive brother and be safe!

Superdope! Looks like a great trip. I’ll be doing the same drive when mine is finished in ~July. btw, pretty sure I’ve seen your truck around Encinitas. I recognize the plate :fist: Anyway, congrats and I hope the trip back is mellow.

Ive got a ~31 hour drive one way, hopefully in July. Build #1670

Don’t do that in 31 hours, do it in a week each way

I was hoping to take about 3.5 days to get there, and then take my time going back, 4-5 days

So many cool things to see, take a bit of time to enjoy them. Dakota Bad Lands, Yellowstone, Glacier, Moab, Grand Canyon, you’re already most of the way there, take advantage.

1 Like

I just did the 34 hour (one way) haul out and back from New Hampshire in 6 days. Drove through the night once and still had ample time to see stuff. Spent almost a whole day in Bozeman and a morning in the badlands.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

I remember driving from San Diego to Las Vegas. It was one of the best trips of my life. I took the train, only $39. I became interested in the Las Vegas hotel industry. It is different from any other hotel structure in any other city in the world. I’ve never seen such a variety of hotel establishments that fully immerse you in the atmosphere of a particular country. Every hotel is a work of art: color scheme, design, textiles, etc. I also remember the karaoke places in Las Vegas. Incredible emotions.

2 Likes

I had a cool trip to Vegas too. I enjoyed it, but there was a lot of trash going on along the way, haha.

I always enjoy reading stories like this. People who travel have such interesting lives!