Struts losing their oomph

Yeah I do have the glass - definitely heavier than the panels without, but it still seems like those rear struts are a little weaker.

Mine also do tend to stay up ok once I push them up manually - seems like maybe a good idea to do what you said, and replace them once they don’t stay up anymore on their own.

They have had a few bad runs of struts. I strongly suggest you put in a Service Request and they’ll get ya sorted. I’ve had a brand new one fail almost immediately if memory serves me correctly.

Unfortunately, I would imagine this is a tough part to QC from GFC’s perspective.

2 Likes

I think the glass is the culprit because I believe the struts on rear panel are the same as the side panels. I always keep a hand on the panels when opening so it’s no big deal to give the rear panel a little boost.

Hey @phantomchameleon - Sorry to hear about the lack of oomph. @Dignon is correct regarding the difficulty QCing items we don’t make in house, but each panel is tested prior to install. However, we have swapped a small number of struts with issues in the past, and some customers choose to upgrade to stronger options. The latter option is typically for those who are installing accessories like Maxtrax as seen here.

Colder temps can reduce a strut’s performance when opening, but I’ve had my own GFC for almost 2 years now without issues or noticeable lag unless the temps are pretty frigid. Best way to sort this out is to reach out to our support team or submit a SRF by clicking here.

2 Likes

Thanks Thayne! Service request entered and already have a couple of new struts on their way. Badass customer service :metal:

2 Likes