Super Pacific X1 vs. GFC V2 discussion

Please add this to the ‘just another opinion’ about this forum that is hosted, paid for, and managed by the good people at GFC…

I love the feedback, the sharing of valuable information, and the recommendations everyone is able to partake in on this site. The promotion of a competitor’s product on this forum, however, just feels wrong. Especially when that competitor doesn’t allow this type of discussion on their own website.

Again, I love the discussion and recommendations that people are not afraid to share with this company (and that they’re obviously responsive to), I just think promoting a competitor here is bad form.

Just my $.02

5 Likes

I came here to discuss options before putting my deposit down. The fact GFC allows these discussions solidified my decision and now I’m build #1931. They are confident and stand behind their product no matter what the market is doing.

Now that I’m a stakeholder, I see your POV but this is the internet and a public forum. If it’s not me, the next person deciding might have the same questions. Honestly, the fact SP doesn’t allow the public to discuss the competitor is a huge red flag. I didn’t know that.

But who promoted the competitor?

3 Likes

You are 1000% correct about your right to share whatever you want on this public forum on the internet. My only point is that there are fantastic, caring people behind this product and I think people forget those things sometimes. I’m just one of those bleeding hearts who think we can all be a bit more sensitive about promoting other companies’ competitive products (see title of this post) on a forum that was meant to promote their own product.

Again, just my opinion.

4 Likes

I understand. I flagged it to be taken down now that I have my answers.

1 Like

Nothing but respect for this entire conversation!

Thank you!

1 Like

Can you be more specific about this statement? I have been to the website hosted by super Pacific and while they do not have a public forum link to their website like go fast does it doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t allow it. Doesn’t it just mean it does not exist. To be honest GFC is the first company I have ever seen link a forum that they created themselves on their own website. Am I missing something?

1 Like

I dunno… Fair concerns, but I find discussions like this to be pretty helpful to the prospective buyer.
It’s probably helpful to GFC also, because they don’t have to look far to get a view into what consumers value and how they view competitor products.

3 Likes

In the end do you want to be Montana cool, or Portland Oregon cool? I choose Montana :metal:

18 Likes

This is the truth ! Anybody with any camper who actually gets out and uses it and doesn’t just buy it because it’s a fad is usually pretty freaking cool.
But let’s be honest Montana cool is way better than Portland cool

5 Likes

They are both cool but…

Montana Cool :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I thought Portland was weird. Or at least thats what the stickers they sell say…

Portland is not weird it’s just meth

4 Likes

There certainly appear to be improvements in the GFC v2 and the SP camper vs. the
GFC v1. But neither of them look as cool as an open v1 with the orange space frame IMHO!

10 Likes

When comparing options, has anyone spent any quality time reviewing the Vagabond Drifter?
I want windows in my hard shell. A large percentage of time I won’t be camping, and much of that time, I will have dogs in the back. Many dogs. Sometimes crated, sometimes loose. And think I really would need airflow from windows.

Love the GFC (not too familiar with SP), but it doesn’t meet my non camping needs. Also, I live in the northeast, where there’s constant mosquitos and black flies. If I left the sides open past 4pm, the tent would be filled with bugs by nightfall.

Anybody know if GFC ever would consider having windows/vents in their panels for airflow while driving or parked with panels down?

Love this forum and all the discussions.

2 Likes

That’s been brought up many times and the answer is the same; that is not their ethos and they don’t plan on offering that. If I were you I would look into AluCab if you are looking at a Vagabond; although it’s a little bit more it has more amenities too. AluCab is the only one I know of that has full mosquito nets for their camper, but as for driving vents the AluCab still won’t help you out unfortunately.

Another good option to look at is the Four Wheel Campers Project M.

we have both, vagabond drifter and GFC V1

5 Likes

When you only want to take one out which do you go with? The gfc frame looks better imo, but neither looks bad that’s for sure!

assuming that was for me, i think we prefer the vagabond drifter for various reasons.

@d.shaw V1 or V2? 20 characters lol