Tent lock solution for the V2

@PDX_Keith where did you get the end caps engraved?

That’s how GFC is now serializing the campers. Hopefully they can add that on the prior campers as promised:

4 Likes

I drilled a new hole specifically for the lock. You’ll see both the lock and gfc pin in the photo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I picked up my Gofast camper last week and noted the tent latch already had pre-drilled holes! I was then able to use a trailer coupler latch lock (right diameter). I did have to use a dremel to cut off the excess locking shaft but I think this is going to work for me.

The only downside is each lock has its own key…oh well, I don’t mind carrying an extra key.

1 Like

Where did they promise this? They’re charging $50 to do this now for older campers

Definitely seems like the quoted post does acknowledge that the serialized part can be added retroactively, but doesn’t seem to imply it would be at no cost.

1 Like

Looks like you cut the longer length pin to where it just sits at the edge of the lock, I’ll drink a beer in your honor tonight!

I did this same setup, thanks for posting your solution!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I found this somewhere in the forum, I took out one of the spring pins, enlarged the hole slightly and have used a Curt 23520 Trailer Tongue Coupler Lock (I added a couple rubber washers from the hardware store to tighten it up a bit).

1 Like

If you leave the locks on and proceed to open up the side panels, it does not hit.

If this was aimed at me, I just had to slightly enlarge the hole left from removing the spring pin. No additional hole drilled, and can reinstall the spring pin later if I want.

1 Like

Thanks for linking the lock. Best solution IMO and it looks likes its part of the camper! Holes are pre-drilled on the newer V2’s, so all you need to do is cut down the lock pin.

1 Like

Thought I’d share a fail -

I bought this black trailer lock from Amazon. For those of us with a V2 camper with the pre-drilled hole, this does not fit . The body diameter is too large.

On a happier note, Zoro has the Reese Towpower lock for $11.

3 Likes

I did this , had to drill my own not a big deal fit like a glove no issues whatsoever I don’t have to lock it all the time I think that would be kind of a hassle but it’s the best solution I’ve seen so far thanks.

Fits perfectly! Thanks for the recommendation.

2 Likes

FYI, GFC sells them at their location during the install.

1 Like

I do love that they continue to tweak and improve the camper.

3 Likes

The newer ones have a second hole drilled so you can put a lock if you want.

Just drill a hole :person_facepalming: if you can replace your locks with the C5s I’m sure you’re able to DIY it.

6 Likes

I drilled and bought the lock myself. Its simple.

2 Likes