The Random GFC Photo Thread

@Kwood Yup it’s just some 80/20 extrusion and brackets. It ended up being like $100 for two bars. Then like $60 worth of gfc tnuts :expressionless:

9 Likes

That seems like a good rack system. Low cost .Low profile too

Yeah it works well. Probably not quite at solid as the beef racks, but nothing I plan on putting up there is particularly heavy.

1 Like

I also used the 8020 extrusion but went with alumninum color mostly because I figured my solar panel frames would be aluminum color too. I sure like the way the black looks on yours though.

7 Likes

I’m guessing you set the bars on top of the 90 degree bracket instead of tapping the hole at the end of the extrusion. Hows that workout? Can we get a close up?

1 Like

That’s right. Seems to work well. I’m no engineer, but it seemed more bomber to me than a bolt or two through the extrusion.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Kirkwood Ca. (aka Kwood)
Hanging out in my GFC for lunch in between powder runs is so nice.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Your truck is a beaut. Nice pics!

1 Like

Gravel roads and coffee with ma’ boy yesterday.

10 Likes

Made a simple insulation liner using fleece and 3M Dual Lock. Actually works pretty well in cold weather. It’s still a cloth tent but it did make a noticable difference in low single digits above 10,000’ in Colorado.

19 Likes

@Evan220, looks good. Did you connect the fleece using 3M dual lock velcro along the roof? Did you cut out for the small windows and leave them open at all? How was condensation on the fleece?

Dual Lock attached to roof along both sides and across the top as well as across between the windows and a small piece centered at the lowest part of the roof.
Dual Lock was also sewn onto the fleece.
I noticed the back wall (with the door) had a little condensation on it after a couple nights but the fleece didn’t have much at all. I haven’t checked the roof for condensation under the fleece but everything felt dry. I’ll check in more detail when I get back to camping.
I also have windows cut that match the size and shape of the tent Windows, I can leave both layers open a little and I get a nice vent shaped opening.
Oh, and yes I close it with all this fleece in place.

9 Likes

Damn this is exciting black on silver looks good!

thanks @Overlanderson -

Forget the GFC this thing has a balcony!

10 Likes

Really awesome job man! That looks super cozy.

The cloth liner is super cozy. I have a few ideas for improvements now that I’ve slept in it a few times but the basic idea works really well.

1 Like

Yeah well cozy was the first word I could think of haha. Can’t wait to see the finished article.