The Random GFC Photo Thread

I really need to invest in a diesel heater so I can camp year round. The GFC needs to breath!

3 Likes

Spent day before New Years Eve at Alabama Hills

And New Years Eve at Trona Pinnacles

4 Likes

Talk to @GainzGFC because he helped troubleshoot my heater from several thousand miles away :joy:
Outside temp:

Yet inside it was a toasty 78!

3 Likes

Woah, is that your gladiator dash?

How was Pinnacles on NYE? We were going to camp there but ended up in Panamint Valley instead. I was worried that it may be a bit rowdy at Pinnacles for our 6 and 8 year olds.

1 Like

Yea lol

Looks like a Toyota or something haha. My cluster is completely different!

1 Like

I didn’t know you could get analog fuel/temp gauges

2 Likes

2020 sport as base as possible with a manual transmission lol. I only paid for the aux switches, tow package, and engine block heater. Didnt even come with a hard top I added that a year later. But it came in Red and that’s the only thing that mattered.

2 Likes

Pinnacles was quite empty. Lots of campsites were open inside. We stayed close to the main parking area because my friend made some dumb vehicular choices (went from a Taco with GFC to with no GFC, then a FJ cruiser with too much problems and now a subaru forester) and can’t go down the more flexy part to get to the sites inside.

It was quiet by 8PM and no one did count down LOL

1 Like

I have a manual as well. Sport S though. Which I don’t know any of the differences apparently other than the cluster :joy:. I wanted manual and the cold weather package. I almost opted for the Willy’s but with a dog, manual windows are a no go!

1 Like

The lake effect snow isn’t showing signs of slowing down. Truck was completely snowed in for the second day in a row. Finishing up my diesel heater assembly so I can get back out camping soon.

1 Like

Manual transmission is the way!

2 Likes

When it’s dumping snow all weekend but you got a broken foot…you man the Apres!

Grilled cheese and soup it was.

6 Likes

Camp views have been great so far in 2024

11 Likes

Pardon my language but that is fucking spectacular @Dogandajeep. I’m sure it was even more amazing in person.

2 Likes

Are you liking the half rack in front of the gfc? Justin McBride on his YouTube said that it actually added a ton of wind noise rather than deflecting it.

It looks really good and I would assume it helps with mpg?

1 Like

I’m still shocked everytime I can look up and see what is possibly millions of stars. (The number is hard to wrap my head around) the aurora glow is often unnoticeable or looks like clouds unless I don’t look directly at it and then I can get a sense of the colors.

Had no idea the Reds were out as I only saw a bit of green that night. My campsite was almost discovered by a few other aurora chasers though as I saw their headlamps swap from white to red on the other side of the pond :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Bravo @GFC i wasn’t sure what to expect and this is above anything I could have hoped for. I like how it just adds a subtle nod to the accomplishment. Of course now I’m hoping the 2024 pudding badge is for the left side of the camper so I can display both!

8 Likes

Also shoutout to @Buhlockaye for the prototype Arctic Edition latch covers

3 Likes