The Two-Duffel Camping Formula

I have to say my Dometic+Solar combo has given me a ton of mental freedom. I know I’m going to eat well, the food is going to be safe+cold+clean, no ice mess… the list goes on. It’s essential for me. It was a bet, I’ve never had one, but it was a really, really good bet.

3 Likes

I use 4 front runner bins that I put these homemade plywood cushions on top of. They are:

• Recovery things
  • Clothes for me and travel companions
  • Dry and non-perishable food + kitchen stuff
  • Adventure gear (bike, fishing, climbing, etc. stuff)

Blankets and sleeping bag in the catch and hitch winch under the removable cubby in the middle. I can get everything out in less than five minutes when I need the whole bed. I tried to keep a balance between simplicity, modularity, and fun.

Because after all, it is fun to tinker with this stuff when we’re not camping.

13 Likes

Nice work – love this setup. I’ve been trying to come up with something along your same lines of thinking (simplicity / modularity / flexibility balanced with comfort). I like the idea of being able to quickly adapt the bed for camping but being able to revert back to a simple bed so I can continue to use my truck as a truck. Also like the “gear hammock” approach at the front. Btw, what type / size of Frontrunner bins did you go with?

the front runner wolfpack. and upholstery foam for benches on top of 3/4" wrapped in vinyl and stapled to the baseboard. outdoor carpet from lowes to wrap all the exposed 3/4."

1 Like

Insanely clean. Love it.

1 Like