Tips on planning for first trip to Moab?

Elephant hill is one of my all time favorites but has a squeeze that felt really tight in my Jeep. I can’t imagine a full-size.

1 Like

LOL yah, I was watching some videos about that trail (road?) last night. In one, they chose to leave the Taco behind and just take the Wrangler because they were worried about it being too tight. LOTS of scratch marks on those walls from rigs that didn’t make it through unscathed. It looks like the Devil’s Pocket you have pictured is on a 1-way section of the trail, so I wasn’t clear if you could get around this by taking the 2-way route. For length, they limit vehicles to 21 ft and my truck is 20.825 ft long, so it’d be cutting it close, even if there is a way to avoid that narrow gap. I think this one is going to have to wait on my bucket list until I have a smaller rig to take.

I’ll be threading my Tacoma and my buddy in his 4Runner through there in about 5ish weeks, can’t wait!

2 Likes

Nice enjoy! It is a really fun trail.

Spen the last week of March in Moab–it’s BUSY in Arches, so get there early, if you want to hike. If you want to hike in the Fiery Furnace, see if you can get a permit (they fill up in advance). It’s a cooler, less traveled area, since it’s permitted. The Windows area is a cool area, and we could park there when the Delicate Arch parking lot was full.
Canyonlands offers many more options that may be less crowded.
Have fun!

1 Like

Get a fried chicken sandwich at Doughbird. The hot is legit hot so be careful with that.

1 Like

I do love me some spicy food. I’ve done several hot wing challenges. How does it compare to Nashville Hot chicken?

That’s exactly what it is but they have multiple heat levels to pick from. I’ve got a pretty good tolerance for heat and hot was doable but less enjoyable than whatever level is below that.

1 Like