V1 Water Intrusion

Anyone else had any issues with water coming in from the from the front Dzus fasteners? Was driving in pretty heavy rain this weekend and noticed I had a lot of water coming in from them.

Any solutions if you have?

A few drips through those fasteners in heavy rain for me. Nothing I’m concerned with.

Gotcha, yeah I got quite a bit. It was pooling between the tubing and panel.

Not something I’m super concerned with either but would rather have as little in there as possible.

I have had water leaking in there as well. Sucks. I spoke to Mike at gfc about it and he said he would try and do something on the PIT tour but now that’s been postponed. I was thinking maybe some type of rubber washer would seal it off a little better but haven’t tried anything yet.

1 Like

toss some silicone or rtv up there?

1 Like

Interesting, I have new leaks since my GFC came back from the shop, but not on those bad boys. I would think some silicone would help, I’ve only taken them off once to clean the window (once, bc it was a real bitch to get it back on).

Yeah that’s probably what I’ll do. Chuck some silicone on the outside under the bolt head.

Thanks y’all!

1 Like

With them talking about something on the PIT, is it safe to assume that new units (in production now) have said fix in place?

Not sure, would be better to ask someone with a fresh off the line unit.

@Kwood 's picture is exactly the same thing I’m experiencing so I’d assume if the new units do have a fix there’d be some kind of seal between the bolt and panel on the outside.

It is my understanding that the water intrusion I am experiencing and @Tacodilesupreme has as well is somewhat random and isolated or at least that’s what I’ve been told.

1 Like

I’m sure you can add a rubber or neoprene washer to the dzus bolts. Motorcycle panniers have used those for years to seal out water, the dzus is on the inside of the pannier with a very thin washer and it’s 100% water tight.

They sell the washers at every hardware store.

1 Like

Not a bad idea either. Thanks man!

Build 564. I’m getting more water inside than I’d like definitely leaking at the bolts, and also seems to be seeping in between the bed and the camper where they had hoped the weather stripping would keep things dry. I’m not thrilled, and seeking solutions. I’m only being allowed to post one photo, but I have others.

I saw your other pictures on FB and commented on some of the things from this thread. Have you implemented any of the ideas from there yet?

Not yet, I have some weather stripping tape on order. Someone there asked me to post in the Forum too, so I did. Although it seems a bit redundant.

2 Likes

Any updates on your fix? I picked up my camper in November and been remodeling my shop space so it’s been in the PNW winter and opened the tent to show a friend and it was soaked pretty good at the seam and mattress … I set it up and dried it out but definitely concerned as we get plenty of rain here

1 Like

@GF2CMP
I got mine in November build 975 and the same thing happened to me as well. Im in Maryland and 2 weeks ago it rained all week. I popped it open to show someone to find out one of the square pads were wet. I have my two square pads on the passenger side. The one that was wet was the closest to the tail gate. It was wet on the right side of the pad right where the gap is when the two pieces come together when closed. Funny thing is the front square pad closest to the cab wasn’t wet.

So I haven’t gotten around to any fixes yet. I haven’t had issues with water intrusion up top or had any issues with soggy cushions.

My game plan when I have time is going to be adding thin rubber washers on the DZUS fasteners and redoing the lower weather seal as one continuous piece (as well as checking my corner sealing job) to keep water out of the lower area.

If you are having issues with water intrusion up top, I’m not sure how you would go about fixing that. Means that water is getting under the tent when its closed somehow.

Interested in this thread. When I was shopping around, I suspected there might be some water intrusion issues with GoFast purely based on experience with RTTs and certain design elements of this one. But I was OK with that for my purposes. Risk didn’t outweigh many benefits, you could say.

I consider this a pretty common problem with RTTs in general, just about all designs. I put hundreds of nights in RTTs with nonremovable sealed tent, gasket closure, etc. Still got a wet corner mattress occasionally (heavy tstorm in NRG, WV, again in Squamish BC, etc).

Having said that, heavy/frequent puddling would make me seek a fix.

Following . . .

Update … I dried the tent out over a couple days while working on other areas of my shop and then reached out to Mike after a few frosty mornings and blue skys I opened it up to find it again in the rear passenger corner. Could be the way the truck was leaning- I also had condensation on my windshield due to frost and air temps changing so we are monitoring further as time goes to pin point where and why. Looks like your listing yours-for this reason?