weBoost solutions and GFC

Get RV if you plan on doing any traveling and taking it. I believe they removed the mobility option for the home starlink

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to get a hotspot so I can go camping locally without having to activate my starlink. And they have the pay as you go hotspots now.

1 Like

Thanks for that info!

Following up - I was out this weekend in my truck and found that the interior antenna (puck) cable was long enough to reach from my WeBoost amp location into my cab. I wouldn’t run it permanently like this as I snaked it out the side GFC panel and into my truck cab through the rear clamshell door opening. But, it worked for what I needed…

I’ve got something in the works. Should be done pretty soon, just waiting on some parts for testing.

1 Like

I’ve got some Weboost mounts at the Annodizer. I should have them up for sale in the next week or so.

You’d be able to mount it where you’re thinking. I’ll probably throw in some of my cable clips with it.

Trying to decide if I should make something to connect the stand clip to the camper.

2 Likes

I have my weboost tucked horizontal in my cab roof rack and it still works great!

Edit: and its attached with black zip ties no one can see, lol

The first thing I noticed on my set up with the 14 foot table just wasn’t going to cut it but they do sell an 18 foot table and it was only 20 bucks. Here’s my set up.
I did use 3M zip tie, cable, routing manager strips for sticking it to the outside of the tent. And that is failing, so I am looking at alternatives, but everything else is pretty smooth. After wrapping around the tent and going down between the bed and the body, I came up through an existing grommet right underneath the backseat and straight to the power manager from there I went underneath the Plastic side rails at the edge of the carpet, all the way to the front around the firewall up to the top.

1 Like

I will say this , the t mount for the Antenna on the weBoost it too wide for the slot in the roof rack crossbars from GF see is too wide, so I did have to shave that down to fit. Also, the plastic support mount was also two wide . I had to shave that down to fit as well so far, I am seeing two bar gains.
my friend and I are both on Verizon last week on the Texas Hill country Trail. He did not have a signal for the entire ride. I did have a signal for the entire ride.

Admittedly, on any kind of a build like this, nothings gonna go perfect for you right out of the box. If you’re not willing to make changes on the fly, then it’s probably not the hobby for you lol.

1 Like

Does anyone know the diameter and thread pitch of the Weboost antenna? I found a mention of 3/8"-24 x .375". Can anyone confirm?

Have you tried removing the sticky adhesive on the cable mounts/squares and using the 3m VHB double sided tape? I have had good experience with that tape, it’s pretty tacky af.

I had not but will now… thank you

Im wondering if this would work to be able to have 2 interior antennas… one in the cab, and one inside the GFC

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08136BMKQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1TE63QTMAEOQO&th=1

1 Like

@Offroad_Gecko Check out this thread for the mount I made and the clips I designed and print.

Rad idea! If you do it let us know how it works too!

I need to grab a weboost first. Ive been trying to get my hands on a used one

For what it’s worth - I have the WeBoost Overland and emailed their support about this exact topic back in June. Their response was short & sweet - lacking any detail at all:

“Thanks for reaching out. The unit is not designed to support more than one internal antenna.”

:person_shrugging:

1 Like

Pretty sure any splitter will cut the the signal in half. Weboost sells their own splitter for their at-home systems Splitter -3 dB 2 Way (N-Female) | weBoost

and on the link above there’s this text.

This Wilson Electronics 2-way splitter allows you to drive two interior antennas from a single amplifier. Because you are splitting the signal each antenna will receive approximately 1/2 of the signal …

I’m currently installing a weboost overland, and I plan on using these cable clips https://a.co/d/6sQnb5l so it’s easy to move the internal antenna cord. If/when the clip adhesive fails, I just beef them up with 3m vhb tape. Beyond cleaning with alcohol first, I find using a heat gun on low helps get good adhesion when the temperature is <70F. Helps make sure the alcohol is gone too if I’m being impatient.

1 Like

I used a similar cable clip for the same reason - being able to move the interior antenna around depending on where I’m at in the camper. These are the ones I bought - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFFTSNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Those clips hold well. Thats what I use to run a lot of my cables in/outside the camper