What's the Etiquette for Waving at another GFC?

Cuz I just got snubbed by someone - looked right at me and didn’t even nod. What’s the deal? Should I have thrown a big ol’ shaka at him?

10 Likes

Gotta wave to everyone regardless if they wave back! Be the change you want in the world! :grinning:

33 Likes

you don’t need the validation, just know you are the nicer person :call_me_hand:t2:

9 Likes

I see GFCs 3-4 times a week around Denver.

I do the two-finger above the steering wheel wave and most don’t wave back. I even had one park next to me and gave him a little wave…. He looked at me like I was nuts.

I’ll keep waving though.

15 Likes

This mindset is what the world needs more of. Share love even if it’s not shared in return.

4 Likes

I like to throw my hand over my head from the back to the front. Because it looks like the GFC does on the truck…. I dont think anyone else has caught on… yet.

8 Likes

I straight up wave like Forrest Gump.

25 Likes

@hardkorps and @MBBME y’all crack me up!

I’m in the fingers-above-the-steering-wheel-salute club.

have had this discussion multiple times with my tween (now teen)–who cares if they don’t wave back, I"ll keep doing it because it is the nice thing to do! maybe they didn’t wave because they didn’t notice you, were grumpy from just then yelling at the hooligans in the back seat, had central vision loss from a migraine or embolic stroke, there was a small fire in the cabin, or because they are a d-bag…

5 Likes

Don’t half ass it. You never know what the consequences may be…

7 Likes

@MBBME :laughing: I swear…I pulled up next to another GFC at the Home Depot here in the burbs, waved just like that all excited to meet a new friend…and they didn’t even acknowledge me. I just slowly rolled away to a different parking spot, lol

2 Likes

Wasn’t me, I swear!!!

2 Likes

I wave at the Jeep and/or the GFC, not the driver.

1 Like

They might’ve been myopic, or they coulda been on the phone ‘remote working’ or well, even GFC folks can be non-optimal humans.
Waving is scientifically proven to put good vibes into the world. Just gotta do it anyway. :wave:

2 Likes

I usually almost jump out the window and scream really loud while waving aggressively. It yields pretty killer results.

7 Likes

I love it. My wife always makes fun of me for waving, but I agree - share the good vibes

3 Likes

father forgive them; they know not what they do

1 Like

partner takes the wheel, or knee-wheel it, 2 hands out the window, scream like they’re a rockstar.

Or the trucker air horn signal? That’d be fun.

But in any case I wave at every GFC I see, and since I drive a gladiator, any jeep willys/CJs/wranglers/gladiators.

Number one rule for me and what I teach my kids is always wave back no matter what rig or person. Spread the love!

5 Likes

The motorcycle wave is all motorcycles, sometimes/never scooters. Doesn’t matter if it’s a 70s flathead harley chopper or a 1200cc adventure bike…

With the “overland” space, sometimes i get waves from other “overland” rigs - sometimes i get them from the build Tacos, and to date not a single wave from a GFC (although i do now have a good friend who i met because he stopped to talk to me about my GFC a week before he picked his up)

3 Likes

isn’t the joke the adventure bikes would love to wave but don’t want to let go of the heated grip?

3 Likes

Haha sometimes I wish my ADV bike had heated grips!

2 Likes