Side hatch doors weight limit

What is the weight limit for the side doors? How can I run Expedition Essentials (4) recovery board quick mount?

I have the Same question. Would need to know what 2 piston ratings are capable of. You could probably figure this out with a scale and some patience!

Just putting this question back out there. What do I need to do to mount my expedition essentials recovery board holder on it

My opinion is that you shouldn’t mount anything on the GFC doors. It’s going to cause too much stress on the hinge. The weight could cause hinge failure or minimally hinge separation and water intrusion. I won’t mount anything on my doors due to the risk of causing problems. The weight would especially be a problem if you drive any rough roads where you may actually need said traction boards.

Peace.

2 Likes

3 “screws” holding the door to the frame + extra weight + bouncing around = trouble

2 Likes

I put mine on the door and have had no problems yet. Will update if I do have problems. I did not use the quick mount. I just mounted the boards to the door.

1 Like

Thank you all I think the side mount looks sharp, but I do worry of it holding up.

1 Like