What have you done to your GFC this week

I’m working on it brother!! I’ll have some done this week after I make a couple of refinements.

1 Like

Submitted my first service ticket after owning for 4 months. Went on a one-nighter and to my surprise, the zipper material removed itself from the tent material. Only on the small window as the large window zippers are sewn in.
Has anyone experienced this and how did you fix it? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE
GFC responded to service ticket. Temporary fix is to use ‘Gorilla Fabric Glue’ and the permanent solution is a tent replacement :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I’ve had this happen to me on one of my windows after about 6-7 months. I haven’t gotten around to trying to fix it yet, since it’s not too bad. Thanks for sharing the fabric glue suggestion from GFC, though.

@jasont, here are the drawer slides I used on my build.
AMZN Link

1 Like

Do they replace and install it or do you?

Sounds like another Montana trip is in your future. At least you can get a new tent! And temp fix the window now to hold up.

If that ever happens to me I might switch from orange to grey tent.
My truck stands out more than I expected with the tent open

1 Like

they’re up https://www.lumberingbearadventuregear.com/…/gfc-t-slot…

Ok they’re up, designs I made for some t-slot mounted hooks and brackets. They’re 3d printed and hold nice and snug in the rail without hardware. The ones pictured are currently being printed and I will continue printing the other designs next week. Please take a look and even if you don’t want to buy any, I would appreciate any feedback.

8 Likes

Looks like a great design. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

thanks man, I am working on a few more ideas !

They would install it if I drove to them. I would have to install it myself otherwise.

beautifully done, simple solution. I love the no tool required move it where ever you would like with ease

Cool! so is that something that can be kept in place or installed and removed for each use? I guess I can make it “stay” with some silicone.

1 Like

I as well have zipper failure and have my tent on order with GFC. Will replace it myself. Watched the tent replacement video by GFC and looks very doable. Thanks to GFC for the response.
Phil

1 Like

I have seen the video but unfortunately don’t have the luxury of a huge shop space to work with and I have a camper, not just the RTT. I’m afraid to ask if they will replace the tent with the camper installed on the truck or if they have to do a full dismantle. It seems ‘easy’ but time and labor intense.
@flipper

I have camper as well. Was thinking on seeing how hard it is to remove tent material with camper on truck in my driveway. Maybe removing camper if it doesn’t go smoothly. Hmmmm, sounds good on paper. Should get tent in about a week.
Phil

1 Like

Does anyone have the link to the replacement video?

you can use them however you see fit. I am using mine to hold my tarp tent up as a budget awning setup and I leave them in. I made them so there’s no hardware it’s easy to use and they go in easy and fit snug. The first couple fit but slid too easily. the current ones all hold really well from moving laterally.
Mind you they’re still just nylon and need more abuse to see how much they can really take but for tarps and such to hookup and hang easy they work!.
I am also working on a design for an awning mounting setup to have folding poles but not as bulky as what’s out there now.

installed the @WrinkledPants overland softgoods mattress topper set, along with their sheet set. very impressed with the quality of the product and the speedy shipping, their customer service was spot on. happy to be able to side sleep in the camper…

https://www.overlandsoftgoods.com/shop

10 Likes

Hey Duncan! I am really happy that you like what we made for you!!!

Cheers!
Scott

3 Likes

This is the link for the V2 tent swap.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14pp2QY5sxxjxGZpW2vdTxtENeGCjL219/view?usp=sharing

Phil

3 Likes