What have you done to your GFC this week

Made some custom ‘slow’ stickers for the back of the truck.
I’ve got 14 left, holler if you want one. $4 shipped anywhere in the US.

6 Likes

Testing where to install the stove jack. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

WTF is going on here??? Does it wrap all the way around the back? Is it attached to your truck? This would be the sickest backcountry ski base camp!!!

3 Likes

@Dignon There are two big sidewalls that zip to the OVS 270 LT awning. There are some big gaps that will let out heat near the truck, so may not retain enough heat for cold, snowy nights. But it creates a pretty huge protected space (that is dark!). I am gonna just use it for the shoulder seasons because I store my GFC during salting season.

4 Likes

I put this little shelf between the Alu Cab Ammo Box Slide and the back of the cab. My Battle Born battery will be secured to the middle of it. I was going to put all of my electronics on the molle panel but the guys at Tiny Rig Co suggested putting everything on the bottom of the shelf and I really like that. It’s over there right now getting wired and two 126w Xplor panels adhered to the top of my tent. I can’t wait ro ditch the Jackary set up and never worry about having enough juice to run my fridge.

1 Like

I didn’t really have the time or the resources to figure out a dedicated water system so I went ahead and kept it simple and portable…. Got a dometic Go jug and faucet…. Works excellent and will meet my needs… only con is that the jug is only 3 gallons but I do have space for one more so I could in theory up it to 6 and keep it completely portable. The jugs are on national backorder for another two weeks or so.

8 Likes

I kinda want one. PM incoming

1 Like

USB rechargeable from Amazon $27

4 Likes

I can’t for the life of my remember what company makes it but there is a water tank that fits between the Tacoma wheel well of the truck bed and is below the bed rail height. Anyways, it’s more than 3gal capacity and you can hook up a pump to it.

It is a handy setup for sure. I also wish the jugs were bigger, but they are nice and easy to move around.

As another Wisconsin GFC owner, loving the Badger here!

1 Like

Once a Badger, always. Badger! Current living in Denver with absolutely no plans to leave. On, Wisconsin!

Are you referring to this one? I have one that has not been used for 2 years and would part ways with it…

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/front-runner-footwell-water-tank.html

It’s the slanted tank that’s 13gal I believe. FRO website is down so I couldn’t open the link.

1 Like

how are you liking this awning! ive been researching and watching videos. thinking about this or the ghost awn.

Installed some lighting for the truck bed and ran the wiring for the tent level. I would like to find a dimmer switch for the tent level so that’s on hold until I acquire parts.

I put a yellow tinted vinyl over the LEDs to help cut the glare and hold them to the frame.

They put out pretty good light with the panel open.

And they don’t shine in your eyes when you’re in the camper which was the goal.

6 Likes

Found it.

1 Like

ALOVECO 12 Volt DC Dimmer Switch PWM for LED RV Lights Interior, 5-24 Volts LED Ceiling Dome Lights Dimmer and Switch for Camper, Recreational Vehicle, Halogen, Auto, Truck, Marine and Strip Lighting https://a.co/d/izUDnvB

I have been using 2 of these for bit now, and they seem to be working really well, I think they are rated up to 6 amps, and they have an off detent.

1 Like

Bit the bullet and got a second jug to fully complete the water system… fits perfectly and Carrie’s just enough water for a solo traveler for a few days

5 Likes

Just did this…. Brilliant idea!

6 Likes