1/4-20 well nut ideas

Does anyone have any pictures or ideas on what to put in the 1/4-20 threaded well nuts in the topper?

Most people add hooks or something similar to attach stuff like the VNCLR bedding catch or a cargo net, or they use the mounting points to attach a molle panel. Really anything. What specifically are you looking for?

1 Like

I’ve got these on all the well nuts in my rig. I don’t hang anything heavy but they work great overall.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P73G99C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

2 Likes

I use the same product as @rdonahe and they’re quite versatile. As stated, not meant for anything super heavy, but I’ll hang lights, keys, clothesline, battery powered fan, etc. from them.

1 Like

I also used these same rings, just threw a small steel carabiner on each to make attaching things quick/easy.

1 Like

I’m looking for a light to fit in the mount on the furthest back mounts left and right. Or do you have any recommendations of internal lights? I’m not an electrician and wiring isn’t something I’m comfortable doing.

What kind of lights do you hang? Any recommendations for lights to help brighten the topper up at night rather than holding a flashlight in my mouth or using a headlamp?

I always keep a Goal Zero Lighthouse 600 in my truck and hang that in the bed sometimes, mostly when I don’t have my larger power bank. I do have HardKorr LED strips in the bed and tent powered by a GZ Yeti 1000 as well.

1 Like

Use the well nuts to mount a steel plate (or just a steel hook to hang other things too), then get any rechargeable light you want that has a magnetic base. Nothing gets hard wired and you can move the light around to your various steel mounts. Or stick it to the side of your truck. Or take it with you when you need to pee in the middle of the night. They have pretty decent ones at Harbor Freight for cheap. Win-win.

1 Like

I have LED strips mounted for lighting but more recently have just been using Goal Zero Crush Lights.

They are super small, light & I have them from the well nut hooks linked above. I get plenty of light from these.

1 Like

What bolts do you use to secure the nuts?

The “well nut” on my V2 GFC already has a bolt that runs through the rubber nut. So whatever already came in the camper is what I am using. If I recall correctly they are light duty looking 4mm allen head bolts.