‘20 silver manual DCSB build

Hey there GFC friends. Wanted to share the build I’m working on right now. Here’s a few details. Please feel free to chime in with any suggestions/thoughts. Hope everyone is having an awesome year!

This truck is being built for overland/mall crawling socal,lots of Baja, the sierras, drop Zones and hopefully many other cool spots! Currently in the shop getting final touches on suspension and wiring but should be ready to go within a week! Can’t wait to test it all out. Camburg in HB doing a killer job on suspension and bumper installs.

2020 TRD OR DCSB 6spd manual on 285s
GFC v2 #3233
C4 hybrid front bumper with warn 10s evo
Victory 4x4 rear bumper
Camburg mid travel with new slapper bumps in front
King 3.0 coilovers
Deaver stage 3 leafs with king air bumps
Martin off-road camper rack
Matt gecko camper lights
Lots of BD lighting
ARB twin air with remote chuck/switch in bed
Lots more little stuff.

2 Likes

Wow! Way more than I did, and my rig does ok in baja so far. You’ll do great wherever you go. Your build looks great, for sure!

Take your car to the mall…

Peace.

2 Likes

7 sisters? Looks like fun.
Hope to see you Down there!

Blue skies.

1 Like

What kind of travel numbers did you measure in the front? The 3.0 look shorter stroke than the 2.5s.

Same travel as 2.5s just with more damping. Deceiving looks because the lower coil plate on the 3.0s is different. I’ll let you know how it rides :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was asking about travel numbers because Camburg hasn’t posted them. And the 3.0’s have a different stroke length than the 2.5’s.

I can tell you it’s at least 9”+ish inches of travel with the last 2.5-3” or so on the slapper bump stop. They don’t release numbers because every build is slightly different. They swing the wheel through its travel and set it specific to the truck.

So 5.5”-6” of suspension travel if you don’t include bump travel. Those numbers shouldn’t be different for each specific application if the suspension is a production item and not one-off. Sorry for asking all the questions I was just interested in their kit but they never released travel numbers and there are other kits out there pushing 10-13”+ not including bump travel.

These lower arms with slapper are currently not a production item with camburg. Will be offered soon but this one had a lot of custom setup :slight_smile:

Once the truck is tested things will change with those numbers. I was being very conservative and the final travel measurement hasn’t been taken yet. The extra bump travel is going to add a ton of bottoming control. I’ll keep you posted

Keep in mind this is mid travel with stock length lower arms. 9-10” is typical for Tacoma mid travel. This one will have really superior bottoming control.

1 Like

Love that rear bumper…super nice build.

1 Like

Cool spot and nice little break…

1 Like

Thanks Chip. I’m going to be in PNW this winter, would love to check out your bed storage solutions

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Is that your kid in the background with the sheer look of stoke for your rig?

:rofl::rofl: just noticed that

1 Like