2010 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road

What lights did you end up going with?

I used these

I have had them for about three years now and still going strong. I plan on buying another set for the actual tent

5 Likes

What’s the front bumper mod you have? Is that a hidden winch? Hard to find good options for the 2nd gen. Nice build!

Thank you! No winch, just painted the center of the bumper black and added a light bar in the stock oem opening. Distant future I will go with a c4 bumper.

1 Like

Some weekend mods:

6 Likes

No tailgate lock but you have total chaos bed stiffeners?

Simple but effective lock:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/ReliaBilt-ReliaBilt-2-1-2-in-Nickel-Sliding-Door-Latch-1-Pack/5002824617

5 Likes

How much do your boxes weigh? They look awesome!

1 Like

Thank you! Ah man, idk. Some plywood and plastic, I would say 25-30 lbs.

1 Like

What’s the story with that water tank…what capacity and is it pressurized?

1 Like

Looking good man! I myself swear by those bed stiffener’s

1 Like

thank you! Yeah, they are dope. I didn’t like the look of the caliraised ones.

It the Waterport Day Tank, 3.85 gallons. Self pressurizes when filled up with the hose. Additionally, it has a schrader valve so you can pressurize it up to 40 psi.

1 Like

Sounds like a great solution. Thank you!

1 Like

Visibility was very limited, especially when backing up my small trailer. This little amazon camera has been a great solution. Paired it with my Sony in dash car stereo.

4 Likes

do you like it up high like that? I have a wireless camera that Ill be installing soon, and replacing my rear view mirror with a screen. Wish i had enough electrical knowledge to be able to turn it on whenever I wanted…

But anyways, I was thinking about putting the camera in the same place that I have my OEM camera, in the middle of the swingout. that way I wouldnt have to drill into the GFC.

1 Like

It is a wide angle camera and the location is perfect, my main use for it is backing up a trailer and this gives me a good view. I still have my OEM one in the tailgate (activates when I go into reverse) which I use when I need to see things closer to the rear bumper. I did install this new camera so that I can turn it on whenever I want from my existing head unit and the camera came with the instructions on how to do that. I am not savvy with electricals but tons of research, YouTube and forums has gotten me by. I guess it all comes down to how you plan on using it. Good luck on your mod :+1:

3 Likes

Drew inspiration from @julian and redid my electricals. I also installed the ARB plug and harness for my fridge.

ARB Power Cord:

ARB Wiring Kit:

Fuse Box:

3 Likes

Looks clean and awesome! What do you have the power sourced too? Main battery or house?

1 Like

Thank you! For now, main battery. Once I get to my campsite, I plug the fridge to my jackery. Future plans is a dual battery to run the fridge, lights and my usb plugs. Jackery would then just become an emergency power source.

Nice, good call! I was just curious. I haven’t done electronics yet but ultimately want a small fridge and to power my diesel heater so keep debating about dual under hood or a portable system.

I’ve been researching it though and a lot of dual options for Tacomas are limited to group 36 batteries thus only 60ah but AGM so really only 30ah…if I am making sense.

What size jackery?

1 Like