2017 ford raptor overland build

Whats up guys just wanted to share and document my 2017 ford raptor build.

Picked up this 2017 Ford Raptor in Austin, TX . The original owner reached out to me in the gen2 Raptor FB group for $35k with 135k miles but had a new motor put in from a dealership at 118k. Dealer maintained its whole life too.
Heres a picture in Las Cruces, New Mexico on my way back to Bay Area, CA

1 Like

Here’s my first overland trip with a few buddies just put a softopper on the bed to store all my camping gear safely, ratchet straps are an overlanders best friend when it comes to strapping stuff down while offroading :joy:

1 Like

Found a steal of a deal while browsing facebook market place. This whole build has been a facebook market place budget build😂 Used but very good shape gfc for $5.5k and for an f150 short bed too. Drove from Bay Area to Carson City, NV for it.

2 Likes

First of many overland trips with the GFC in the eastern Sierra mountains. Was about 30 to 25 degrees in the night with no diesel heater so experienced a bit of condensation that froze to the honeycomb composite roof of the GFC. But overall a good experience to see what needed to be modded and tinkered with.

Just started the interior build starting with a birch plywood floor and stapled turf to the top for the pupper when he sleeps down stairs. I think it adds a nice touch and definitely helps padding things down.
Also started the 8020 extrusion drawer build which I will be mounting my fridge onto with a tilt fridge slide. The duluth backseat storage came in to after they shipped me the wrong product.

1 Like