2022 Ram 1500 Rebel Boogielander Build

End of February we returned to Colorado River, in the United States side (AZ).
I got there after dark, putting my Baja Designs and rock lights to use. I got there to cook because my friends who got there early didn’t have kitchen; I am the designated kitchen.

Did some drone shots after dark to see my lighting zones. I realized I need side lighting when I was driving in but just wasn’t sure which area.

Perhaps a pair of lights that cover the areas next to fenders, and another pair that cover the side?

water rose up at around 6am. I knew that’d happen but I also knew that spot was safe. My friends were next to me but they chickened out and moved.

Cabana mode

Brought the 5gallon jug because PRCommiefailnia’s gas price is outrageous.

morning view

Oh yeah, previous owner removed all GFC decals. I put them all back.

packed up, ready to head out

yeap i’m in water alright.

i really like stitching images lol

one more time

1 Like

Early March:
Got myself a FitCamX integrated dashcam.
Overall, I like it. But here are few things that I want to go over:

1. They are China. It is a Chinese company and it’s made in China. It seems like they do have a US location and they are on Amazon though. As someone who tries to avoid Chinese company and made in China products at much as possible, I have to say that the fit and finish and quality much exceed my expectations. Well, in terms of dash cams… there’s no made in USA choices anyways.

2. Installation for my truck was easy, once you figured out how to remove the stock trim piece (4 tabs). I’m not particularly good at trim panel removal and it felt like I was going to break something, but luckily nothing was broken. Once the stock trim panel was removed, it took my 30 seconds to hook it up and complete the install. There’s no wiring needed, because it comes with a splitter for the mirror dimmer. No wire hiding required if only running front camera and you have powered mirror.

3. I also got rear cam. The included rear cam and wire are designed to be placed inside the cab, but given that GFC blocks the rear view from inside, I need to install it to the rear window. I ordered an extension and will do that when it gets here.

4. I run covercraft windshield cover, which is made to fit the stock windshield and not universal generic fitment. This integrated camera does not get in the way and leave a big gap between windshield and covercraft like other directly mounted-to-windshield type dashcams do.

5. FitCamX makes integrated dashcam for other platforms as well, so it’s not a RAM 1500 only thing.

Early March:
Went camping with friends and customers from the shop.

On the road again

Left home late because I slept in. There’s no way I’d wake up at 7am to drive 4 hours to campsite on my day off. I was just there in January so it was fine for me to miss out on the “exploring” part.
Got there at near sunset.

Time to go fast so I can live up to the “Go Fast Camper” name

V8 or bust. nobody busting that day.

I’m no chef when I camp with this crowd. I just get there to be fed lol

The next day all of the guys left early to go home to their families. Only few of us stayed behind because we were going to take the scenic way out.

3rd gen Cummins stout!

it’s spring already in the desert.

Im actually off the trail. I blocked that “no shooting” sign that’s off the trail.

played on some “obstacle”
The 3rd gen and the GX both made it through with at least 3in of clearance, but because of my longer wheelbase without bigger lift, Boogielander saw some slider action.
*GX was on 3" lift with 35s. But shorter wheelbase.
*3rd Gen was on 39s and Carli Dominator kit, so those helped with his clearance.
*I’m on Fox 2.5 left at 2" lift on 35s, longer wheelbase than GX but has similar height increase. If I had shorter wheelbase I’d be fine. If I say screw droop and cranked the front up 1" more, I probably would be fine too, but I want drooop. If I could get AAA service in the middle of nowhere when I need to swap spare, I’d go 37s and I probably would be fine as well. But I can’t swap spare on the ground with 37s by myself…

1 Like