9mm pistol storage inside tent

I keep my firearm in a wilderness tactical safe packer holster, also makes it easy to transport discreetly once you leave the tent.
https://www.thewilderness.com/safepacker-concealment-holster/

1 Like

Use a Pelican box. There are many to suit your needs.

You never know when you might need a samuri sword as well. I usually put the nunchucks and throwing stars under my pillow. You can never be too safe. Or dangerous. I get confused :grin:

3 Likes

I’m in the habit of keeping mine in Alien Gear’s IWB shape shift holster because I’ve found that it slides nicely into the camelbak pocket in most small backpacks and stays put. Any other wide IWB holster should do the same. I use the REI flash pack, which is a small enough to push into the corner and be out of the way in the tent. I’m able to toss my pocket knife, wallet and other small items in there too.

While my wife probably feels better knowing it’s in the pack, she’d be pissed if she ever woke up with her head next to a holstered pistol because is slipped over to her side.

2 Likes

You can walk in to my house and if you get passed dog you can feel the steel of my 16th century blades. Unfortunately they are not by Hatori Hanzo.

3 Likes

Hi! In a similar situation, I just put the gun on my headboard so that I didn’t touch it when I was sleeping, but I could easily pick it up at any moment.

I’m with the folks saying to keep it in a holster. I’d also add to always keep it in the same place so that you get reps retrieving it in the dark etc. No point having it in a different spot every night and then not having the muscle memory to locate it under stress.

Someone above mentioned Alien Gear, they make nice modular holsters that can transition very smoothly from the hip to a fixed location in a vehicle etc.

1 Like

Just put it in a small admin pouch and tuck it down between the mattress and the tent wall next to your leg. See link to $20 pouch on Amazon… Amazon.com

1 Like

I store stuff in a small fanny pack in the tent (keys, chapstick, etc.). I also keep the 9mm in the Tier 1 concealed holster that I carry - this can fit inside the fanny pack but I usually keep it out.

3 Likes