Adding Serial #

What is covered under insurance for an extra $6 a month? if you damage or destroy your GFC what does your insurance payout?

If anything happens to mine, State Farm will pay out $8k. I insured my XL camper and all my GFC accessions. Everyone ought to have their camper insured—not to mention, any other modifications that you have on your vehicle. It hardly costs one anything.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m the 3rd (or 4th) owner of a used GFC and was purchased with no documentation.

1 Like

Has anyone added this to a GEICO policy? They said they need a VIN number to be able to add it? I tried to tell them they don’t come with a VIN and only come with a unit/build number… They didn’t know how to proceed without one.

I have added the GFC to my GEICO policy under customization and give them a value for what is bolted to the vehicle (GFC, awning, etc.). No problem adding it this way. No Serial number required.

I added the GFC to the Geico policy last week and only needed to provide a value. Went with $6,500 and the extra premium is about $120 a year.

Thanks Derek. I ended up calling back and talking to a more competent agent haha. GFC is all insured now.

An Owner Applied Number (OAN) can often be used in place of a VIN. With a GFC, using a Build Number should work, but another number could be applied. Something as simple as a label applied in a hard to see place would do the job, and be useful if the GFC was stolen.

Just added mine to my Geico policy, you need to contact their RV department. No serial number required, just value of said camper shell ($6,500). Increased my policy by $7.17/mo and it’s fully covered for theft, damage, vandalism, etc. as I have full comprehensive on my vehicle.