Aftermarket products for the GFC

@JKD you may want to contact them directly - @Chuck

@JKD I believe your light kit was already shipped but send me an email at truckpart4u @ gmail

@Chuck sent you a message yesterday morning about my order.

1 Like

@shittco has his new awning hack V2.0 available - SOLD OUT as of jan 5th 21

more coming - go follow on instagram

3 Likes

Dang that was fast—was coming here to post as well. Bought my kit for my incoming RTT!

1 Like

@jedgar is making a bed rail step

buy here : https://joshedgardesign.com/products.html#!/StepUp/p/276338145/category=0

forum here : Bed rail step project

3 Likes

Does anybody have the Sherpa Animas rack on an Tacoma 3rd Gen access cab model with a GFC? All the example images are for the double cab, so I’m not 100% sure which size is appropriate (Animas configuration C I assume).

1 Like

I’d just shoot them an email. They were really responsive when I put in my order.

Check out

6 Likes

According to Sherpa, Access Cab is missing the nuts in the gutter, so you would have to drill into the roof to install the Animas Rack. There are too many issues with this approach for me. I am afraid of the roof leaking and / or hitting an airbag.

I have thought about using industrial adhesive to attach the rack, but no one says that will work. I am still thinking. Open to ideas.

I reached out asking the same thing for my 2nd Gen Access Cab and they sent me back the actual dimensions:

"Here are some general dimensions of the Animas racks:

A- 16"

B- 23"

C- 31"

D- 43"

Measurements are taken as though it were a box and are measured from the tip of the windshield at the gutter."

I think C is the way to go and what I’ll be ordering.

And yes, you’ll need to drill a few holes in the roof, but they way they seal them with rubber it shouldn’t an issue.

Bummer about having to drill the roof on the access cab models… I don’t have the GFC yet, so I’ll wait and see after I get it if I want to add a rack bad enough to get the drill.

Thanks for the info guys.

I just removed and sold the Prinsu from my 2nd gen Access Cab. Im waiting to see if what I did to fill the holes worked for sealing. :crossed_fingers:

I am not planning on getting another rack. I want to do the diy roof rack when I get my camper. Or I might buy the parts, and then do the install when I am in Montana

1 Like

Bought an iKamper ladder to use with my upcoming Platform RTT due to the angled rungs–figured it would be a little more comfortable with bare feet or sandals. Got some ladder hooks from Shittco shortly after that to use with the ladder and it turns out the iKamper ladder has a much larger diameter hole than the GFC ladder does and had about 3/10" of gap. We discussed a few options and in the end I sent him back the factory iKamper mounts and the hooks for him to look at. He ended up making me a delrin sleeve for the hooks and now they fit like a glove; almost like they were meant to be there from the factory. Cannot recommend Shittco enough–he’s such a nice guy and went above and beyond for me on this to make sure I was 100% happy and could use the hooks. Never would have guessed there were this many variations of the same telescoping ladder, but I guess there are.

10 Likes

cool new josh edgar designs hatch latch for V! campers…

buy ihere:
https://joshedgardesign.com/products.html#!/HatchLatch/p/288114087/category=0

info here :
The HatchLatch!

5 Likes

@hstexan this is always good to hear, people like shittco care about what they are doing and have an invested interest in your experience with their products, because at the end of the day - they are also people who love to camp.

1 Like

@jedgar designs busting them out - well worth the read

roof rack bars by AL offroad

3 Likes

vrnclrsewnstorage has a limited run of V2 frame bags - according to his instagram

https://www.instagram.com/vrnclrsewnstorage/

4 Likes

V2 mounting hole plugs.
Alright all of you 3D printers and smart folk get out your pocket protectors and calculators I’m looking for a vanity solution that in no way will help trail clearance or huckability. On the easy → not worth it scale what would printing a plug that would cover the hole on the bed mounting component?

4 Likes